Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at these photos. Are those Fins? Ram Air? There is a faint resemblance to the square headlight but I think you'd have to agree, "Some settling may have occurred during shipping".

I'd like to have those wheels (wheel covers?), though.

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Digmenow said:
Take a look at these photos. Are those Fins? Ram Air? There is a faint resemblance to the square headlight but I think you'd have to agree, "Some settling may have occurred during shipping".
Um. If they hadn't changed the design, it would have been unfortunate. I don't think I would have wanted either of those cars.

But my grandfather might have traded his Barracuda for the top one.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,953 Posts
Digmenow said:

I'd like to have those wheels (wheel covers?), though.
Shipping route must have gone past Chernobyl. How else to describe growing of XXXXXXL bumpers and 2 pair of eyes, um i mean headlights?

·
Premium Member
87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
1,575 Posts
Djenka018 said:
Shipping route must have gone past Chernobyl. How else to describe growing of XXXXXXL bumpers
Not to mention what the US bumpers must have done to all that work with the wind tunnel aerodynamics, and without the front airdam, the front end of R107's do feel a little vague, when driving at speed.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,953 Posts
A&L's300SL said:
the front end of R107's do feel a little vague, when driving at speed.
Well, A&L, they do not feel that as they drive castrated verson so I guess driving at speed in US spec SL/SLC is somewhat like what we, the one's with free stallions, call idle speed.?wink, wink
;) ;)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Djenka018 said:
Well, A&L, they do not feel that as they drive castrated verson so I guess driving at speed in US spec SL/SLC is somewhat like what we, the one's with free stallions, call idle speed.?wink, wink
;) ;)
Yooou... Bastards.:D

·
Premium Member
87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
1,575 Posts
Djenka018 said:
;) ;)

Oh...... I'm not touching that one.

LOL:big laugh:;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts