• Undecided

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Guys, I’ve been in BW for 11 years and pretty much enjoyed every minute of it...but I think it’s time to jump ship. I can’t figure out how to do even the slightest thing with this new format. I bought a ‘95 SL today and can’t even figure out how to find info to address some minor issues....info I could’ve accessed in seconds just a couple weeks ago. It’s at once frustrating and disappointing.

Later, y’all. It’s been real.

GT.....gimme a call if and when they get this crap sorted out. Until then, I’ll be at MBWorld.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Ed, I sincerely hope so. I honestly enjoy what time I spend here and would probably have more patience if O/T was the only forum I posted on. But I've got a W210, a W140 and now an R129 and have always used BW as my first stop when I've tried to resolve a problem. I don't want to spend more time trying to find info than I do spinning wrenches on the cars themselves.

Like I said to GT, drop me a line if they get this together. I've got friends here now and I'll most certainly miss the interaction.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Got to say I like the look but that is where it ends. What happened to the edit button, all of the past posts on your profile have vanished ( there are post I have made months ago that I reference now and they are gone), can not figure how to switch oldest to newest and back, where did viewing post made in last day, last three days last week go. Likes given and received are gone replaced by points.

Again the appearance is great function wise it is a step back 10 years, was able to locate things faster with the old look then the new. The old was more intuitive to use there is a very steep learning curve here, Benz World you missed the import boat here. That is shown by the fact that only 6 percent like the new format.

·
Moderately subtle
11,988 Posts
I can see why the geeks wanted to change the software, this is very speedy. But with basic search functions lost, which was one of the main attractions for folks looking for solutions IMHO, I understand the frustrations with the change and with those who are looking elsewhere. All I'm saying is keep an eye on Benzworld as those of us who know what such a forum is for try to bring the geeks along.

·
Registered
351 Posts
FYI I would of been happy with only a paint job!

Okay I found the edit button not at the bottom where you think it would be but at the top. Swear this morning it was not there at all.

Still have not figured how to sign in on my phone.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
This is disturbing and sad. The DOD changed their approach to developing and integrating technology to something they call "technology insertion" which skips the part that ensures the new shit works in the environment it will be installed and operated, and doesn't fuck up the rest of the stuff nearby. This appears to be another example of the same superficial approach.

Jim

81 - 100 of 125 Posts
About this Discussion
124 Replies
36 Participants
wallyo
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing