• Undecided

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
It depends how it is organized, we have a lot more models/platforms and 4 times the members.

All I want to know is if we will host at least 1080p images. 800X600 sucks.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
It's different, that's for sure. I could get used to it.

The question is, is it really an improvement, both from a user experience and a technical experience (ease of usage)?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,939 Posts
Not my first choice for format. I want predominantly bullet point text so I can efficiently get right to what I'm interested in.

For instance, I don't need the partial paragraph under each topic in 'Trending Discussions'.

That said, you're not going to please everyone so do your best and those of us who want to stick around will adjust.

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any minute now this site will be ‘read only’ as the migration is initiated just as an FYI. For how long nobody knows.

Wish there would have been more votes in the poll to maybe have swayed administration into maybe rethinking, as they have listened loud and clear to the displeasure of Uro auto parts being sold here.

Oh well, hope site isn’t a shit show when it’s turned back on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't like it, then again, I don't like change, especially when it's just change for changes sake.
Another forum I USED to frequent, changed to this type of format, I don't like it, and I no longer go there.

In my humble opinion, you've just ruined the site.

Greg

·
Administrator
3,188 Posts
Heya all,

More info on the update here:

Jeff M

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
Heya all,

Jeff M

Please remove the mod thread

·
Registered
629 Posts
Heya all,

Jeff M
One problem is that it no longer shows who replied last to a thread, only the OP. THIS NEW LOOK IS HAMPERSOME...yes difficult to use,

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,142 Posts
UGH>>>
I just realized all the saved threads I had are gone... Very disappointing. Stickies show up as a general post. This is going to take some getting used too... On phone, totally unacceptable for me (have to scroll... Scroll... to find topics, etc. Options such as open on a specific forum are not apparent. I'm gonna need a tutorial, LOL.

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
Have we lost 'Search', PM, etc?

The new designers appear to have no knowledge of how the existing posters worked the site.

I might have to give up here.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think this is an example of "customer experience may vary".... I'm sure the backend changes were badly needed, but I'm not sold (yet) on the new user interface - for example what I miss right off the bat is the more wholesome info about each user (cars owned, motto, location, level, etc.).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't like this dumbed down mobile version. Search, particularly focussed forum search is missing, a very big loss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Search no longer works when searching directly via Google. If you click on a link, it takes you to a "Forbidden" page.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
About this Discussion
124 Replies
36 Participants
wallyo
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing