Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much of a sound guy, but is this system supposed to be better than the regular premiun Bose system? What do I have to do to tell the difference - besides the fact that the bass is more pronounced? Something about acoustomass sub woofer, what's that?

·
Registered
G-500
84 Posts
I'm not much of a sound guy, but is this system supposed to be better than the regular premiun Bose system? What do I have to do to tell the difference - besides the fact that the bass is more pronounced? Something about "bodysonics", what's that?

What have you upgraded to? Did you upgrade the whole system? I have a stock 2003 G-500 coming in and am considering upgrading. Any advice would help.

thanks

CFF

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't upgraded yet - remember I'm not a sound person. My '02 ML

came with the super-duper Bose system. I just don't know how to tell the difference between this unit and the poor sounding Premium Bose system in my E Class.

·
Registered
G-500
84 Posts
Re: I haven't upgraded yet - remember I'm not a sound person. My '02 ML

came with the super-duper Bose system. I just don't know how to tell the difference between this unit and the poor sounding Premium Bose system in my E Class.
I've herd the 2003 G-500s come with a nice system. the harmon kardon would be a special order, which would require a 2 to 4 month wait. I plan on driving my stock G for a couple of weeks, and maybe considering a speaker upgrade. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm no expert but I know what sounds good.

thanks

·
Registered
HWA 208
32 Posts
Sound systems, like anything else is a matter of perception. You can either become really...

Sound systems, like anything else is a matter of perception. You can either become really well versed in the subject, build your technical and auditory acumen, and start to break down what really makes a difference.

The other way is to just forget most of that nonsense and turn it into a like more/like less choice. Listen to what you have, then listen to a component that you are considering buying. If it sounds better and seems to be a good value, go for it! But in the end, your personal happiness with the system is what's most important...if that's your guide, you shouldn't have much problem.

·
Registered
G-500
84 Posts
Re: Just listen to the standard system. You can hear the difference

In my opinion, well worth the extra money.

Would you consider upgrading the standard system that comes with a 2003 G-500? I've decided to pass on the Harmon Kardon upgrade, I've herd its not worth while "never mind the extra wait" and am not really into a subwoofer, but I am into good, clear, sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts