Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D'Angelico Excel Bowery. $620 and change new including a case.

Must be the altitude here at the Snowmass rock festival (sponsored by Jitterbug phones and Depends diapers)...

Now. Bear in mind this is my first guitar, I got an F on the triangle in school and have all the rhythm of a San Francisco earthquake, how did she do?

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS it's a brown one.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted a drum set and a saxophone too...

Strap the bass drum to my back, the cymbal on top my hat and a-one-two-three My old man's a dustman...

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great closing show by Sting last night BTW. Big shout out for getting the band up front in the limelight, especially those backing singers and the harmonica player.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the idea. Used to be one or two in every tube station in London. Extra eyes and ears for the Old Bill too.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A picture of ma gee-taar

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
IwaJ, Congrats on the guitar and the generous wife.

Do you have a plan to jump in and start learning or you just winging it?

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Learning chords and working on finger strength right now. Callouses got a head start from doing the grill blockwork

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Three chords. I can now replace Rick Parfitt in Status Quo :devilish:
download (1).jpeg

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trying to decide whether to buy a pawn shop knockoff Les Paul, cheap Epiphone Les Paul, a mid-range Gibson Les Paul or the d'Angelico Atlantic next. I'm telling you Jimmy Page had better watch out...

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Trying to decide whether to buy a pawn shop knockoff Les Paul, cheap Epiphone Les Paul, a mid-range Gibson Les Paul or the d'Angelico Atlantic next. I'm telling you Jimmy Page had better watch out...

Genuine, American made Gibsons are ridiculously overpriced.

Epiphones are quality instruments and very reasonably valued.

But the best bang for your buck in electric guitars is Ibanez.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
7 Participants
IWantedaJag
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing