Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seats from a 126 and 116 will fit into a 123 without modification?

I did some searching and could not really find a "they most certainly will" answer. Im just looking for options if i cant find a 123 in my area to pull parts off of.

And with that said are there any other models with interchangeable parts to a 123. Im new to this and coming in from the VW community where many models are very interchangeable.

Here is what i picked up. Threw some wheels on quick to see what can fit.

Basically im looking for a daily diesel run around and found this for 500 bucks. Gonna replace some suspension parts ie. balljoints, bushings, shocks and get the motor running better.

TIA for any input:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 Lexus GS2003 Toyota 4 runner , 69 Mercury Cougar, 1989 MB 300e 245,000(Sold),1979 300d 165,000m
55 Posts
Suggestion.
You can go to the pick a part and get seat covers for a lot cheaper than the whole seat on the W126. Also 126 seats are all power with no adjustment levers, you will have to adapt your rails to fit the new seats.
I pulled off 126 seats and redid my own seats building up the bolsters and adding extra pading. it's six of one /1/2 a dozen of the other, not and exact switch either way.
I did ont seat first to see how it would look.

·
Registered
W210
13,885 Posts
Suggestion.
You can go to the pick a part and get seat covers for a lot cheaper than the whole seat on the W126. Also 126 seats are all power with no adjustment levers, you will have to adapt your rails to fit the new seats.
I pulled off 126 seats and redid my own seats building up the bolsters and adding extra pading. it's six of one /1/2 a dozen of the other, not and exact switch either way.
I did ont seat first to see how it would look.
Pictures!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The only reason for me to swap seats is if the metal springs are toast. The upholstery can be swapped if the springs are in good shape, the foam pads or rubber horsehair pads can also be swapped without replacing the spring boxes.

Granted, the seats on the younger models that have tilt function for the seat base makes it a whole lot better.

I too redid the seats on mine with newer foam pads from junkyard seats of similar 300Ds and added an extra 1/2 inch of foam padding underneath to prevent the orange foam from falling off into the carpet (and making a mess). Before I did that, however, I did the pool noodle trick which was fine for a few days or weeks but then the seats became saggy. Only proper way is to get new or newer foam pads if you're rebuilding seats of your w123.

Most probably seats from the w116 will fit, but unless your w123 is 1979 or older, the only w116 seats that will look right in the w123 are the ones from 1980 because of the upholstery and headrest design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses so far.

Basically im wanting to replace it because the springs are severely blown out and it is ripped front to back on the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts