Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
Isn't that Jay's truck?

C.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were going to spend 140K on a Mog....I'd buy a very new 5000 series ect!

Considering it's overall condition last time I saw it...it still needs alot of work. Deffinitely the turbo work, bumpers, side gas tanks, spare tire holder...is cool and there was alot of engineering/thought put into it... but really theres more to a Top 10 truck than badging. I'd give it a 8 for looking cool and a 7 overall as the interior isn't finished and it needs alot of finish work. I don't even think that truck came close to costing that much even when it was new. But then again...If it did sell for that much...Congratulations to the new Owners..... but reality isn't always reality from a picture standpoint. I'd say if this Mog had a Grade 10 class interior, a frame off restoration chassis, total brand new factory engine and tranny, brakes ect...Topgrade seats, controls/guages ect and the work was done by Mercedes Benz itself and it was a 1 of a kind Mog with less than 1000 miles...140,000K.. ok.. It's deffinitely a unique 6-door Mog....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,417 Posts
seems like that mog changes owners anually
:) Yeah - next year, some other company will have it redone and use it as a rolling billboard. I pretty much guarantee they won't be paying 140 large for it, though.

I guess it keeps the custom builder guys in biz. Maybe I should have bought a few more AR magazines from them....

·
Banned
A lot of very nice Unimog...
438 Posts
The eBay thing is bogus.
The Mog set them back around $40k before it came to us.
It's in the shop now getting some prep for another event. Hopefully have the CTIS by Jan.
The motor is a factory Mercedes reman with 293 hours on it.
It's going off for interior here soon. The interior work will be close to $24 k,ouch!

There was over 1300 hours of labor to get this rig from $40 k to here so far.
This thing is really impressive to drive compared to any other mog I've ever driven.

Monstermog is that your mog for your avatar?

·
Banned
A lot of very nice Unimog...
438 Posts
I hope I'm not sounding pompous,but you really need to run this thing in town and off road to appreciate it ! It does really well for how short it is.

PS ,its turning out around 145-150 HP and our egts are still in check. The torque converter seems to wind up the power then slingshot it out!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The eBay thing is bogus.
The Mog set them back around $40k before it came to us.
It's in the shop now getting some prep for another event. Hopefully have the CTIS by Jan.
The motor is a factory Mercedes reman with 293 hours on it.
It's going off for interior here soon. The interior work will be close to $24 k,ouch!

There was over 1300 hours of labor to get this rig from $40 k to here so far.
This thing is really impressive to drive compared to any other mog I've ever driven.

It's not ebay....it is some sort of bay thing...and yes I figured out after I saw this Mog associated with the Ultimate custom Mog I figured it was fake. You should make the bumpers and custom gas tanks available for people who have 406's to buy... I'd say $2500-$3500 for a set of bumpers and another $1500-$2000 for a custom set of gas tanks...Put your Logo on them ect. The tire carrier needs a hydraullic arm. It would make a great soccer Mom's ultimate 4x4. I can just see it now at a local soccer game....Sarah Palin pulling up...6 doors open up and 10 people pop out.

I personally would like to see one of these in a 416 chassis with some extra space in the back for camping ect. Put a Magnoilia roof top tent on it or put a unique trailer behind with a pop up camper on it...

If my budget was unlimited...I think I go with a newer style Mog...There's so much to be desired in that new U20, and U3000, U4000, U5000 series...but those 404's...I don't know...I think I'd havet to get both!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts