Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I changed the oil and changed one of the front coil springs too. Drove the car around and everything was nice and peachy.

Today went to get some food and it didn't seem to want to exit first gear. It really wouldn't move the car except when RPMs were about 3500+. Top speed is about 25-30mph.

I ran into a similar issue with my 82 300SD, it was the B2 piston, it failed and operated similarly.

It was a pain in the ass to do on the SD.. Mainly because it was miserable to remove..but we got it done..

Does this sound like a B2 piston failure? I mean I drove the car up from Columbus a week ago and it was shifting perfectly smooth, nice and firm no issues once so ever. This whole all of a sudden thing---to me-- seems like B2..

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cable verified to be operating normally.

Kickdown switch disconnected.

I drove the car, up the street, no up shifting. However, I did notice that if I pull the gear selector down to "2" there is what feels like a downshift. But when I take the selector back up to 3/D I dont feel an upshift. It feel similar to my 420 when you take the selector all the way down and then click it over to the right (I forget what its actually called).

I'm not sure on the fluid. I have never been able to successfully read AT dipsticks.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,447 Posts
Governor is strong culprit too.

Test fluid engine running and hot...pretty straight forward. Do this first.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Governor is strong culprit too.

Test fluid engine running and hot...pretty straight forward. Do this first.
What do you mean test fluid? Like test governor/regulator pressure at the test port? Check fluid level? Smell if burnt?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts