Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

So I got myself a MB

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  doctaron 
#1 ·
2001 silver C200 Kompressor Avantgarde (i live in Norway btw.).

The Avantgarde model here in Europe got some original lowering from the factory, but does anyone know how much?

I want it even lower, but what springs do I choose?

H&R sport? How much will they lower it?

Anywhere can I get them online?

Thanks!

Pic. in att. btw.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome -- nice ride. Wow, your car doesn't have side blinkers?

#11 ·
doctaron - 4/12/2005 11:39 PM

Hey wait a minute. I thought Monoblocks can't fit on w203? WTFFFFFFF!!!!!! I've been dying to put a set of those on my new car. I think this is a classic look and I want to put them in chrome. What size/offset are those Whls/tires. [:0] They look hot!!!!!!!!
Relax..They won't fit on 2004.5 and up c230SS because of those big ass brakes!! I have a normal 2004 , so they will work nice on mine..

#12 ·
As far as i know - there are Monoblocks out there that should fit, with adjusted offsets...i was looking into them before i bought my 203 dual 5 spoke...

i did bolt up a et 35mm - no luck at all - caliper hit

anyway i was told there are now -
et 37mm
et 30mm

and those should work - no promises though...ballpark - $500.00
jake

#13 ·
Damn I knew it was too good to be true. I like those monoblocks very much, but I guess having those nice big assss brakes is also cool too. You know what it is..... mercedes is a classy car and a Full like the monoblock just looks so damn good. Anything that covers most of the wheels weld and has a huge or decent sized lip looks so good on thse cars it's amazing. Don't get me wrong the stock rims on the 05 are so classy that I know people with c32's and c55's that actually prefer these rims over theirs. However, if I had my choice I would pick a rim like the monoblock or lorinser LM1 style. It is no coincidence that thse styles have been soooo popular and are still out on many mercedes models. Classic timeless look. Chrome or silver. But with these breaks it is kind of hard to find a rim with a big lip that would fit. Anybody know any styles like this that would fit an 05 ss and cover most of the wheel weld/base like the monoblocks

#14 ·
BF_JC230 - 4/13/2005 8:44 AM

As far as i know - there are Monoblocks out there that should fit, with adjusted offsets...i was looking into them before i bought my 203 dual 5 spoke...

i did bolt up a et 35mm - no luck at all - caliper hit

anyway i was told there are now -
et 37mm
et 30mm

and those should work - no promises though...ballpark - $500.00
jake
Thanks for the tip..... let me see if I do some research and see what I come up with. I have an old set of monoblocks as well, but I don't think those would fit. I will look into those offsets and see what I come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.