Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..I just got home from my first snowy drive in my new 2002 CLK. Let's say it's not exactly a 4-weeler out there. Not as bad as those BMWs I saw that couldnt move, but not great. Can someone suggest a good set of snows to get for this car? I think I am going to need them if we have a snowy winter here in NJ. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 CLK 320 Cab
1 Posts
Snow tire suggestions

I have been using Bridgestone Blizzak M-1's for 3 winters. They are fantastic in snow and ice. They handle great and still have plenty of tread. I had no trouble navigating hills in the recent snowstorm here in NJ. Try Tirerack.com.

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
I have 205/55R16 Continental WinterContacts. Their side traction on ice is not anything special, but traction when speeding up and braking is good. They are also pretty nice when driving fast (>100 miles/h) in wet snow conditions. (My experience comes from the middle of a terrible snow storm in Central Sweden where there was 10 cm of wet snow on the road, and I had to really push to reach the ferry to Finland.) On a dry road Conti is not perhaps the best alternative - the precision is not perhaps as good as it could be.

-Tuomas

·
Registered
2013 E550 4Matic
32 Posts
Blizzak LM-22

I actually posted this same question a few weeks ago - you may be interested in the replys....

I have a 2002 CLK55 that I also found to be horrible in snow. I just installed a set of Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22s. I haven't had the chance to test them in the snow yet, but I can attest to their dry handling capabilities. They provide an excellent ride and actually produce less noise than the factory tires.

I bought them after reading rave reviews - I will update you when it snows again here in Chicago.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts