Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 E430 4matic (new to me) and want to put a set of dedicated snows on... Tire size is 235/45-17 and want to hear from folks about there experiences on the various snow tires out there:<br><br>
Blizzak LM-22, Dunlop Winter Sport M2, Michelins, Pirelli Winter 210, and Nokians...<br><br>
<br><br>
Given that driving on full snow will be limited, I still want a tire that lets this car run well on dry and rain.<br><br>
<br><br>
Also going to need a set of dedicated rims - any ones to avoid (i.e., not a good fit, etc.)?<br><br>
<br><br>
I have Continentals on there now and looking at the tread, suspect she won't be fun to drive in the snow (or I take my wife's ML to work!).<br><br>
<br><br>
Thanks - replies to post or email is fine.<br><br>
<br><br>
[email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I too also have a 2000 E430 4Matic. Last winter I ran the michelin pilot alpins. They were great. The car was unstoppable. I had absolutely no traction problems. The only thing was that it took 2 months for me to get the tires (ordered end of aug. recieve end of oct.). Since they are H rated, they do not wear as much when driving on dry pavement. You also don't sacrafice too performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts