Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations<br>adapting a snow plow to an S404.1? I have a 9' Fisher<br>power angle blade available, but would use whatever<br>works. Fisher advises they have no kit available for <br>404.1 applications in the USA, but know of Fisher<br>plows installed in Europe.<p>Tnx.<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dan,<p>I know of a 404 for sale, owned by a guy named Todd ([email protected]) and he's running an 8 foot Fisher and a sander. He might be able to give you some pointers. <p>The 9 foot may be a bit heavy on the steering but straight line plowing w/o raising the plow much would probably be Ok. Load the bed w/ lots of weight. <p>You are correct there is no off the shelf mounts, it's a complete owner fabrication. The electric over hydraulic pump will be at least $475. or you may be able to mount a Diamond plow pump (small) to the engine with a remote tank.<p>Good Luck. <p><br>: Does anyone have any experience or recommendations<br>: adapting a snow plow to an S404.1? I have a 9' Fisher<br>: power angle blade available, but would use whatever<br>: works. Fisher advises they have no kit available for <br>: 404.1 applications in the USA, but know of Fisher<br>: plows installed in Europe.<p>: Tnx.<p><br><ul><li><a href="http://hometown.aol.com/RImogs/index.html">Rhode Island Off-Road</a></ul><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Dan,<p>: I know of a 404 for sale, owned by a guy named Todd ([email protected]) and he's running an 8 foot Fisher and a sander. He might be able to give you some pointers. <p>: The 9 foot may be a bit heavy on the steering but straight line plowing w/o raising the plow much would probably be Ok. Load the bed w/ lots of weight. <p>: You are correct there is no off the shelf mounts, it's a complete owner fabrication. The electric over hydraulic pump will be at least $475. or you may be able to mount a Diamond plow pump (small) to the engine with a remote tank.<p>: Good Luck. <p>: <br>: : Does anyone have any experience or recommendations<br>: : adapting a snow plow to an S404.1? I have a 9' Fisher<br>: : power angle blade available, but would use whatever<br>: : works. Fisher advises they have no kit available for <br>: : 404.1 applications in the USA, but know of Fisher<br>: : plows installed in Europe.<p>: : Tnx.<p>I have a 404 with an 8 foot Northman Plow, I drilled 4 holes and it's adaptor bolted right up.<br>I put an electric pump on the bumper above the plow and ran the main wires back to the main power (ground) switch and 1 battery to take 12 volts.<br>It really does the trick, scares the neighbor kids and dogs but it beats driving back and forth in a chevy!<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts