Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E350 4Matic, "Flintgrau Metallic", Sport, P2, Leather; '78 911SC, 1.8TBeetle . . .
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we got a pretty good blast of cold air and snow today here in the Puget Sound area, and so it was the first opportunity to try out our 2007 E350 4Matic. I was very pleased with both starting/acceleration and stopping traction, there was very little wheelspin on acceleration and the ABS was very smooth in operation when stopping aggressively (not like my 2000 Beetle, where it feels like someone is hammering the car with a 200# sledgehammer....). We live in rural Kitsap county where some of the roads were pretty snowy and icy, and the E really performed well. This is with the Michelin Pilot HX MX4M tires that came on the car, which are M+S rated but not a dedicated snow tire.

You folks in the Midwest, East Coast, etc. would not bat an eye at today's weather here, but in Seattle you get one snowflake and suddenly the entire population goes into Chicken Little mode, and the news media makes it sound like we need to declare a disaster area. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
08' E350 4matic
43 Posts
4matic is a beautiful thing! I bought my car in Feb when we had a major 1+ foot snow storm/blizzard here in the north east. I live on a pretty steep hill to the point where my neighbors at the bottom of the hill have concrete pillars installed in the front yard so vehicles don't come crashing through their house! I had the guts to take it out on snow packed roads/hills and put it through its paces. All I have to say is wow! I never felt like I was going to lose control...very confidence inspiring...simply awesome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts