Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of the photos Snog just sent me. Are these the ones you wanted posted???? If there are more I missed let me know. I tried following directions. If I messed it up maybe better Snogs post the photos from now on. Any hoot here they are. From what I have read the K1 kit consists of the under drive pulley, air filter, and the Brabus exhaust. The only diff between the K1 and the K1S is the intercooler. There were no different kits for different places. One could make the argument that the intercooler is for warmer climates but what is amiss here is that there is one part of the K1 kit not listed by Snogs. I am confused. I have been buying some Brabus parts for my car but purely appperance bits and pieces. F...ing expensive bits and pieces but the quality is 2nd to none.

I have had this price list for years but never even noticed that one piece and am not even sure what it is or how to explain it. Maybe Snogs has explained it but I am going to call the local Brabus office and see what it is. I cannot find my Brabus list. I just had it here and I think the misses might have tossed it out. I will get back to ya all!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
693 Posts
uh----photos?....there thats better.

Here are some of the photos Snog just sent me. Are these the ones you wanted posted???? If there are more I missed let me know. I tried following directions. If I messed it up maybe better Snogs post the photos from now on. Any hoot here they are. From what I have read the K1 kit consists of the under drive pulley, air filter, and the Brabus exhaust. The only diff between the K1 and the K1S is the intercooler. There were no different kits for different places. One could make the argument that the intercooler is for warmer climates but what amiss here is that therer is one part of the K1 kit not listed by Snogs. I am confused. I have been buying some Brabus parts for my car but purely appperance bits and pieces. F...ing expensive bits and pieces but the quality is 2nd to none.

I have had this price list for years but never even noticed that one piece and am not even sure what it is or how to explain it. Maybe Snogs has explained it but I am going to call the local Brabus office and see what it is. I cannot find my Brabus list. I just had it here and I think the misses might have tossed it out.
:):crybaby2::rolleyes::)

·
Registered
R170 BRABUS & W211 AMG E55 now, 190E 2,3 16V,SMART BRABUS,BMW E39 M5,E31 850i,E32 750i,etc (all ex)
223 Posts
Steve,these are some of the photos i send you today. You can feel free to post all other pics too if someone will be interested.
On these posted photos is main part of K1 kit-smaller SC pulley (it is not mine,because i wont deinstall mine just to make photos:), FT crank pulley kit (also not mine,but the same like mine), Mercedes new OEM SC pulley with clutch and friction plate, boost gauge inside in my car,my cars interior and engine bay . Like i said-if someone doubt about anything,feel free to post pics of my own K1S kit,my own FT kit and my all other BRABUS (and other) mods pics that i sent to you today.
Btw. Which part of K1 kit is missing on my sig? As far as i know i have full package,except if previous owner of my car take out that misterious missing part..:)))
P.S. Did pics of my boost gauge helped you with your decideing?

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost gauge install was one place I never thought of. When wife brings home the SLK I will check it out to see if it work for me but from the photos it is one good looking gauge. Brabus intercooler would look much better in my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Is that the boost gauge below the temp/fuel gauges? It's hard to see in the photo, and I have to imagine not to easy to read while driving... How about a close up of that gauge?

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will upload photos of the gauge later today. I have to go pick up my son. I think it may be hard to see as I know I am not the only one who thinks they are ruining thier necks checking for the dreaded CEL!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
SO NOW, GIVE US A DYNOPAPER :D Love the boost gauge, but where is the sensor placed? On the intake pipe?

Steve, just do like me, take the CEL light out ^^

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
OK this is my K1 pulley which looks like yours does, don't you agree?

But there is something else that you have not mentioned, which makes me doubt you have the complete K1 kit, & I don't mean the muffler either, m8.

·
Registered
R170 BRABUS & W211 AMG E55 now, 190E 2,3 16V,SMART BRABUS,BMW E39 M5,E31 850i,E32 750i,etc (all ex)
223 Posts
Is that the boost gauge below the temp/fuel gauges? It's hard to see in the photo, and I have to imagine not to easy to read while driving... How about a close up of that gauge?
Yes Bruce,its indeed hard to look on the gauge,but that place is the only place free for gauge (except pilars,but i dont like that). On the other side,i use boost gauge (look at it) only when doing some boost mods,so really not often. So it is good for me.

[email protected] So please share with us what am i missing..because as far as i know i have full K1S kit (except ugly stickers).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes Bruce,its indeed hard to look on the gauge,but that place is the only place free for gauge (except pilars,but i dont like that). On the other side,i use boost gauge (look at it) only when doing some boost mods,so really not often. So it is good for me.

[email protected] So please share with us what am i missing..because as far as i know i have full K1S kit (except ugly stickers). And even miss something (and i doubt about that) it works briliant. And that is all that matters to me.
[email protected] I also sent Steve boost install place pics. Write now my boost sensor is placed on komresor alu outlet,so showing ful boost (0,9 BAR in my case).

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
Snogard,
*What do you mean by:BRABUS K1S tuning kit what is that?
*I know what you mean by:BRABUS IC you mean Intercooler
*You don't know what was in the:BRABUS K1 kit, & it wasn't just the stickers or emblems.
It was the special intake for the SC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts