Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380 SEL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my set of euro's with corners...but they sent the clear instead of smoked corners. For the hell of it I installed the clears to see what they would look like before the smoked corners arrive...but looking at it I am not sure if I'll bother. Any care to chime in with your opinion?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,093 Posts
id hav to see a full sideshot but i think the smoked would look better whith the car color that you have. just my opinion, you asked!

·
Registered
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Ah, the age old question of 'Clear or Smoked?'

The key thing to remember is that you should not be comparing the corners with the colour of your car but against the headlights themselves

Clear corners look too white against euro headlights, smoked blends better with them
Forget the clears and get those smoked one's

·
Registered
1984 Euro 500 SEC & 1987 190E 2.6
201 Posts
Same as the others....go with the smoked!(something I wish I could find for the SEC)

·
Registered
1985 380 SEL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys, confirms what I thought was going to be the case. Hopefully I get the smoked corners in the mail very soon. The next step will be to swap out the rears with smoked lights.

·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
Yeah I like the smoked, wish I had gotten them. I have clear and I bought when Katmac was out of smoked ones. Makes me angry.

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210)
493 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,096 Posts
Love it as it is but would look even better with smoked I'd think.

Where did you buy your euros and corners?
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

·
Registered
1985 380 SEL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smoked vs. Clear

I finally received and installed the smoked corners. The first pic is with the newly installed smoked corners and the second is with the clears that are now sitting in a box in my garage. My car is Black Pearl, and I agree with everyone 100% that the smoked corners do look much better with a darker colored car. My next project is to do some front end work and then upgrade the audio system a bit. I am well past my days of bumping to Snoop Dogg but am still interested in blowing by a BMW or heck even a Honda Civic with a lawn mower muffler while I rock out to some Led Zeppelin or the Black Keys (check them out if you are into good old fashioned bluesy guitar rock).

Attachments

·
Registered
Look Below besides my DH Mountain and XC bikes
595 Posts
Nice choice on the smoked corners. I have smoked units on my black 380SE. I'm going to go clear on my lemon/canary 300SD... :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts