99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
i don't like it that much.

why are ya putting money into it if you are thinking about selling it? :p

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I know what you are trying to do Bigburgundy; but it somehow seems dull and too dark.

Can't you get aftermarket smoked tail lamps on Ebay? - I'm sure I saw some a while back.

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you are trying to do Bigburgundy; but it somehow seems dull and too dark.

Can't you get aftermarket smoked tail lamps on Ebay? - I'm sure I saw some a while back.
well, i didnt want to put alot of money into it since i was contemplating selling it, but i realized i dont think its worth selling it because it's lost a good amount of its value. so ill most likely just keep it

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Yay!!!

well, i didnt want to put alot of money into it since i was contemplating selling it, but i realized i dont think its worth selling it because it's lost a good amount of its value. so ill most likely just keep it
That's great news!

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
Not bad. How does it look when lit at night?
Glad you're reconsidering selling. It's a great looking ML. You would miss it.

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not bad. How does it look when lit at night?
Glad you're reconsidering selling. It's a great looking ML. You would miss it.
it looks great at night, its maybe the SLIGHTESTTT if any bit darker than when they were stock. i would miss my truck completely, no doubt. the only thing i wouldn't miss is the fact that it rocks like a boat being tossed out at sea. i gotta get that checked out while im still under warranty

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
NICE! I have thought about the smoked LED replacement lights, but have never seen them in person. The black on black is a different look. Something to get used too as opposed to the bright red.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML350 (W163), Black 2007 C230 Sport (W203)
82 Posts
get rid of the trunk lid, the ml500 badge, and go stealth from teh back[/QUOTE

Good Idea.. just finished doing this to mine last week.. smoked the taillights, got rid of the chrome lift gate, the ML350 badge, and even got the star coated black. Love the look... of course I also added black 22 wheels.. cant say it looked too great when I was still ridding on my factory wheels. Let me know if you would like to see pics..

·
Registered
82 Posts
i beat you :cool:
Lol.. cool.. will post some pics once I get home. Finally got to work on my ML this month. Havnt posted any pics yet because I was planning to do so once its lowered.. which I plan to get done next week.. but what the heck. Will most likely just start a new thread this evening with before and after pics so please be on the look out for it and share your thoughts. Am excited to hear what you all think so far.. :D

·
Registered
ml500 w163 2002
456 Posts
it looks great at night, its maybe the SLIGHTESTTT if any bit darker than when they were stock. i would miss my truck completely, no doubt. the only thing i wouldn't miss is the fact that it rocks like a boat being tossed out at sea. i gotta get that checked out while im still under warranty
you should get the aftermarket smoked tail lights from europe, they are dark but you can see through the lights it looks more factory looking. The spray on tint up close is not smooth and looks DIY too much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i actually think it looks clean. like just debadge it and it will be stealthy. lol. how did u smoke it?
I agree.. wouldn't go as far as what i did unless you plan on going with black wheels. Like the smoked lights on black ML.. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts