Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
190E 2.6 , 1996 E300
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I just wona pair of smoked corner signals, unfortunately without bulbs.

What are the best bulbs to put in that won't require any mods and how difficult is the installation of the lenses?

thanks

190E-Boy

any help/advice would be greatfully appreciated

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
R/R of a corner marker takes about 10 minutes per side. I would start on the driver's sid...

R/R of a corner marker takes about 10 minutes per side. I would start on the driver's side first since the access is easier than the side with the washer tank. First, lift up the hood and untwist the plasic bulb holder from the lens. Set the bulb and holder aside. Then loosen the cone shaped plastic nut that holds the lens in place. Try not to disturb the white "wheel" that acts as the space adjuster for the lens, for the time being. Pull the lens unit straight out from the fender. Measure the position of the white plastic wheel on the threads of the mounting bolt to give you a rough idea of where it should be on the new lens. Test fit the old bulb holder on the new lens, it should just twist right on. You're going to want to use the old holder since it is wired for the running lights/turn signal, whereas euro corners are only turn signals, so unless you want to give up the running lights, you won't be using the single conductor bulb holder that usually comes with aftermarket corners.

The install is the reverse of removal. On another note: US DOT requires that the corners glow orange, but the original dual filament bulbs are clear and the lenses are orange. Get orange tinted bulbs from a parts store or see if you can locate the dual filament Philips Silvervision bulbs, which are silver coated, but glow orange, that way your corners won't have an orange bulb showing from the outside, which some say resembles having an "egg yolk" in there. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.