1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 560SEL mod 91,MB 560SEL mod 90
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every body,

I had my car undergone bad idle and too much rich of fuel for a couple of days
due to bad injectors . I replaced injectors, spark plugs, fuel filter and changed some vacuum hoses, the idle is okay and car is running smoothly now. My question, how do I get rid of the accumulated smoke in the exhaust pipes and the mufflers? I want to maintain my all pipes clean from smoke. Does this smoke go by itself with the time or is there a way to clean the pipes? any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
Unless your cat system is completely clogged, simple drive the car to expell any unburned fuel or vapors in the exhaust system. The fumes will simply disapate from the exhaust system. Drive the car!

Regards,

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 560SEL mod 91,MB 560SEL mod 90
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless your cat system is completely clogged, simple drive the car to expell any unburned fuel or vapors in the exhaust system. The fumes will simply disapate from the exhaust system. Drive the car!

Regards,
My normal speed is about 140km/hr before speed limit is applied, does a speed of 120km/hr to be enough to expell any unburned fuel or vapors in the exhaust system? Do I need a long distance trip as well?
Nowadays, speed limit is applied strictly and unlike before, you can expect a speed radar by a traffic policeman any where any time. I think, Mercedes-Benz V8 in such case will have no chance to be driven in a good shape due to the max speed limit of 120km/hr.:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts