Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1972 350SL
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, I picked up the 72 after having paint dings repaired. There were a series of deep dings where the hard top sits so I had that area (and the rear quarters) painted. Preferred Body Shop in Prescott, AZ did a really fine job for a very reasonable price. So, I'm smiling. The paint flaws that have been irritating since I got the car are no more!

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,538 Posts
So what is a good deal on that type I paint work? I have been thinking about it to fix some damage on my truck, and the 026 I picked up has a few chips here and there that might drive me nuts in the long run.

·
Registered
1972 350SL
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is a good deal on that type I paint work? I have been thinking about it to fix some damage on my truck, and the 026 I picked up has a few chips here and there that might drive me nuts in the long run.
I have no idea what a good deal is. I paid $831 for what appears to be a perfect match and flawless work. They also replaced the gasket/seal at the soft top cover (they provided the part, which was about $100 I think), and the labor to replace the gasket on the soft top itself where it contacts the paint (I provided that part since I had it on hand).

So I imagine there was about $700 in the paintwork.

·
Registered
1972 350SL
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds Great, did not know you moved out the AZ. Good luck to you out there.
Thanks, Flip. Always wanted to live in the mountains, so at my age, I figured if not now, when? We got a place at 5700' just inside Prescott National Forest and Bradshaw Mountains. Love it.

Aaron is still in FL, though it would be cool if he came West, too.

So I think it is time for your 560 to take a road trip out this way. If you get out here, let us know.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,324 Posts
that dies sound like a great deal! I have always thought I painting a single panel as costing at least $500.
Could be $500 from a bigger outfit depending on repairs needed, but I have found a guy locally who charges me $200/panel for things like wheel arch rust repair & repainting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts