E320 + iPhone:
my ELM327 WiFi,
install the software from the AppStore, for example:
DashCommand
EOBD Facelity
and other OBD soft for IOS
Great and thanks Mike.
I will get the software from App store.:angel
But, how and where can I purchase your ELM327 (I know this might be a stupid question...sorry)?:dunno:
As you recommended I already bought (today) the OBD breakout cable 4 colours from obd2-shop.eu.

Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:
Regards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
where can I purchase your ELM327?
As you recommended I already bought (today) the OBD breakout cable 4 colours from obd2-shop.eu.
Ideal - to find a friend or buy a USB KKL (any) and connect your laptop to the engine (program hfmscan).
The adapter is always useful if you want to get my advice about engine problems.
it only needs to know that there are no problems in the scanning engine (there is a connection problem due to a blown fuse, faulty parts ignition, etc.).

Then i send adapter for you ...
On my site there is an email, write me, I'll tell you all at prices (WiFi + worth more than $ 10)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ideal - to find a friend or buy a USB KKL (any) and connect your laptop to the engine (program hfmscan).
The adapter is always useful if you want to get my advice about engine problems.
it only needs to know that there are no problems in the scanning engine (there is a connection problem due to a blown fuse, faulty parts ignition, etc.).

Then i send adapter for you ...
On my site there is an email, write me, I'll tell you all at prices (WiFi + worth more than $ 10)
Many thanks again Mike. I told you, I am a total beginner in this matter, so here are a few more questions.

- regarding the USB KKL wire, I did find this on ebay: Vagcom USB KKL Cable for Audi Volkswagen OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner WW | eBay

Is it OK? I believe it must be a 16 pins on one side and a USB on the other?

- regarding the hfmscan program, I went on your site and you propose 2 hfmscan. Which one should I take hfmscan.zip or hfmscan.rar?
I only have Mac computers at home! Does the hfmscan work under mac? If not is there another software? :confused:

Then I will test it on my car and I will get back to you Mike. Do you need additional information about my car such as the ECU part number (my car is a USA model imported in Europe 2 years ago)?

Thanks in advance Mike.
Best regards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
- regarding the USB KKL wire, I did find this on ebay: Vagcom USB KKL Cable for Audi Volkswagen OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner WW | eBay
any VAG 409.1 must work.
I ordered a lot of years here adapters

- regarding the hfmscan program, I went on your site and you propose 2 hfmscan. Which one should I take hfmscan.zip or hfmscan.rar?
any program read you ECU.

I only have Mac computers at home! Does the hfmscan work under mac? If not is there another software?
read Google - MAC can run programs windows.
it is not difficult

Then I will test it on my car and I will get back to you Mike. Do you need additional information about my car such as the ECU part number (my car is a USA model imported in Europe 2 years ago)?
If you connect a laptop to the engine, I see all that is needed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
read Google - MAC can run programs windows.
it is not difficult

If you connect a laptop to the engine, I see all that is needed.
Mike thanks. I know about the possibility to open a Mac under Windows, I did it in the past. But honestly, I'd rather find a PC in order not to have to purchase the Windows license again! I should be able to get an old laptop... Is there a minimum configuration or Windows version for your software to work?

Once I get the wires OK I will try it on my car. But must the laptop be connected to internet while testing the car or is the information stocked in the laptop, information that can be sent to you later on?

Regards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is there a minimum configuration or Windows version for your software to work?
I'm writing a program in 2005. I do not think you can find a live laptop, which will not run my program.
Windows XP and later...

But must the laptop be connected to internet while testing the car or is the information stocked in the laptop, information that can be sent to you later on?
1. You need to install the drivers for USB KKL
2. The Internet is not required for the program.
3. After the diagnostic session, you must send me the folder LOGS (pack)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here is an update on Mike's unit.

First of all, Mike goes all out to get you his reader. He sent one to me in November, but was lost in customs as shown by the tracking he provided. He went again to send another one which I received around NYE. I was out of town and did not respond that I received it, so I think he sent another.

Anyway, I sent him an email telling him I had issues connecting, but he reminded me I had BT, not WiFi. Once I realized my error, I was able to easily connect to the app Torque - and indicated it was connecting to the ECU. Now, I only downloaded the Free version, so I need to check with others what limitations this version has.

I did get readings on:
1) RPM
2) Throttle position
3) O2 voltage
4) MAF volume
5) Engine load %
6) Coolant Temp
7) Speed
8) Ignition advance

Mike is also patient about making sure this works, and I think it works well on the items that reads data. I just want more data, and that may be a function of the app more so than his scanner.

One downside to the BT technology, Apple devices will not recognize it. This is a function for all OBDII scanners per my research. So, if you want dual functionality, get wi-fi, or get BT if you just use android.

Since I already have EngineLink on my iPhone (which I can not use because of BT) I am reluctant to just pay for things that I am unsure if they work. I am happy to purchase something that is tested with this device, and I know that it will work for me. So far I see that HobDrive will work, and I a, going to just pay for that I think. It is now on sale for $10. I just hate throwing money into it, but I'm sure the information wll be helpful in the long run.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Also, is there any way to connect to the adapter wirelessly for hfmscan software, or does it have to be hardwired to the usb?

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Update for Mike:
I have since purchased the paid version of HobDrive and I get most all of the functions available now.

Some of the key ones I focus on are :
MAF
IAT
O2 voltage
long and short term trim
voltage at the battery
coolant temperature.

I get some things I don't know what to do with such as MAF voltage, Trim Plug voltage, CoResister voltage, S65 voltage, injection timing. Any advise on these would be great.

Supposedly, production dates after 1993 you can read ignition information such as misfire and burn time. My car was built late 1993, so i can not see these. Overall, it works well and glad to have one. It is a bit of distraction to have full time though. I tend to look at it any time there is a change in my driving style.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello Olin.

by sensors:
1. MAF sensor output signal - voltage. you see it in the "MAF voltage"
2. Trim Plug voltage - on all cars except the US market, was the proofreader the computers. He had 7 positions. Its signal is shown in this field. For the US, it is usually 0 (no corrector)
3. Some vehicles are not equipped with an oxygen sensor. They had the regulator of the mixture at idle (rheostat). its signal you see in the box "CoResister voltage"
4. Automatic Transmission, which is installed on models with the engine 104 have sensor shift 2-3, 3-2. Its signal you see in the "S65 voltage"
5. The result of the computer for calculation of the fuel metering is the opening time of the injector. and this time you can see in the "injection timing"

·
Registered
203 Posts
What about Mercedes ??
did they really forgot to make a connector for this socket... ??
all the other round, square pins are available but this one for some reason is only being used through banana pins
I find it weird... and not In a good way

Now that I want it, I want it TODAY...

OBD2-Shop.eu - OBD Breakout-Kabel 4-farbig

im sure it would take a few weeks to come from EU

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Mike.K .. on your ELM127 page, you mention only PMS & HFM. Will the modified ELM127 read and clear codes on ME system?
If I use hfmscan, will that read ME system?
(I am planning to buy a W202 C230 Kompressor, and these seem to be ME)

·
Registered
181 Posts
... on your ELM327 page, you mention only PMS & HFM.
Will the modified ELM327 read and clear codes on ME system?
If I use hfmscan, will that read ME system?
(I am planning to buy a W202 C230 Kompressor, and these seem to be ME)
standart chinese ELM327 read ME system (i read own M112 ME2.8).
read&clear faults, live data.

shipping to US is US$54 from Europe
you profile country Pakistan, why US?

PS: try with wiring :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
15 Participants
makkomann
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing