Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, on our '00 S Class we've had problems with the smartkey, it's the third time it happens, sometimes it wont work anymore, even to close or open the car, we must use the normal key in order to use our car, we've already taken it to the dealer but it happenned again, is this problem known ?<br><br>
<br><br>
P.S : This isn't a problem of conflict with mobile or something like that

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look at my postings at c-class (W203) forum.<br> Problem is well known even to the dealers<br> (altough they are still trying to sell you<br> some bullshit like, 'oh, we were not aware<br> of that'). My electronic keys just have been<br> replaced with new ones.<br> <br> By the way, try this trick<br> if you catch key not working, open door,<br> then insert key into ignition lock, then<br> try to press 'unlock' button while key is<br> in the lock. I was using that as intermittent<br> cure for keys not working. It usually allowed<br> to use key two or three times, then it died<br> again. Do you have problems with key sometimes<br> not unlocking steering column?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the keyless...

system, where you've got a thing that looks like a credit card instead of a key, are you too talking about that ? I don't think so...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I'm talking about the keyless...

ahm. sorry. don't have that into my c of course;)<br> i didn't understood what Smartkey means.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: I'm talking about the keyless...

The Smart keys were not even released....they were SUPPOSED to be but they had problems so they stuck with the convetional keys....Where do ya live? Maybe they were released elsewhere, but not in North America in the US markets.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keyless Go vs Electronic Key !

The 'Keyless Go' is in the size and shape of a credit card and you keep it in your pocket just when take the handle of the door it unlocks your car and you can start your car with pressing the button on the gear shift lever, you can't insert it in any place!<br> <br> The 'Electronic Key' is the key that is inserted into its place and turned to start the car, however is has an electronic code stored in it which is read by the car system. The electronic key is integrated within the remote lock/unlocker and mechanical key as well, the mechnical key may only be used for opening the doors and it can't start the car!!<br> <br> Here (in Kuwait) the 'electronic key' is standard for the S-class (as far as I know) while the 'keyless go' is an extra option.<br> <br> heidar.<br> <br> 00' S320 (my father's car)

·
Registered
S430
7 Posts
I had the same problem with mine this past summer, all I did was replace the battery and i...

I had the same problem with mine this past summer, all I did was replace the battery and it worked fine after that. Yes, there is a battery that goes in the smart key - it's a Panasonic Type: CR 2025 3V (I picked it up at Radio Shack for a couple of dollars) hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts