Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foreign Affairs in West Palm Beach Florida has them for sale. They are coming to them from ZAP and are fully dot/epa compliant. Also they come with a 3/36k mile warranty. Not bad. Saw them myself. Might be getting one..? Ask for Fred, nice guy, used to be in the biz up north/Boston. He works for the owner, also nice. Check them out.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
24K - 30K is a bit too much for a tiny car IMO. but i want one[:)]

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
oh f that man they sell for like 10k in canada.. 30k for that.. please ill stick with my 300D... but i want one sooo bad. also for 30k i would rather have a 5 year warrenty not a 3 year .. rippn you off at the get go

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Uhh 10K in Canada...Dont think so....The CDI is still a Bargain..But Not even close to 10K

In Europe yes they ARE a 10K car..But Not in the US or Canada

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mark Cummins - 4/8/2006 1:54 PM

Uhh 10K in Canada...Dont think so....The CDI is still a Bargain..But Not even close to 10K

In Europe yes they ARE a 10K car..But Not in the US or Canada
last time i was on the smart Canda site i converted US curreny to canadian and it came out to around 12k US for a base model smart.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smarts in Canada are closer to $20K USD, when equipped properly.

Remember, just like when Europa in New Mexico converted G-Class trucks for the US market they charged crazy prices. This was in effect to offset the costs of offering a warranty which they did at the time/associated costs.

Zap/Smart in W. Palm Beach, might be expensive, but they have them ready and certified/dot/epa, through a registered importer(RI). You pay for convenience and exclusivity. This is what makes America go around.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ours (passion model) mid line model with rag top was 24 CDN - which would hit 20K USD at current currency levels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Misfit
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing