Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E320 2000
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have e320 yr 2000.. my problem is my smart key stucked in eis and not come out

the car switching on/ off normally but i cant remove key out. did any one had this problem

note this problem came after ABS ligh on and gear not lefting any relation between them.

thanks

·
Registered
E320 2000
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all
I sloved mine

It was from the transmission shifting sensor was miss plug . I pluged it back correctly then the key released .this sensor is under windows switchs board connected to shifting gear box

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Glad you found it -

1) The brake light switch is always the 1st suspect, it is the primary interconnectsafety system. The original design brake light has been known to commonly fail over a reasonable period of time. Mercedes has just released a updated-updated brake light switch (looks the same but internals redesigned). When replacing the brake light switch ONLY buy the MB branded part the China knockoff's are horrible.

2) The transmission is the 2nd/parallel safety interconnect safety system to prevent the starter from engaging while the MB is in gear. In your case I am gratefull you found it was a failed connection - in other cases where this tranny interconnect fails it can be the internal switch/sensor inside the transmission shifter.

Very happy it all worked out - keep the beat !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts