Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Black E55
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Odd question.

When you remove the valet key from your smart key remote... does a little spring loaded 'eyelet' pop up so that the valet can attach a tag to your remote?

I had a loaner C230 that had it, but my brand new Smart Key doesn't.

Any one?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
OK. Odd question.

When you remove the valet key from your smart key remote... does a little spring loaded 'eyelet' pop up so that the valet can attach a tag to your remote?

I had a loaner C230 that had it, but my brand new Smart Key doesn't.

Any one?
Not in my remote :confused:

·
Registered
2005 Black E55
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in my remote :confused:
Talked to one of my parts guys and he said "yeah, now that you mention it".

He said he only noticed cause it gave him better leverage to pull the inside out to remove the batteries.

He's calling MB tomorrow to find out why some do, and some don't.

It makes sense, because where else would the valet attach a tag to your remote? I saw it on the C230 key and since I had the old style black keys, I ordered a new one.. and no pop up.

Can someone who has one take a pic? People keep asking me what the hell I'm talking about.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
There was a very recent thread about this over on mbworld. The earlier chrome Smart Keys had the eyelet (not sure about the older Smart Keys) but the newest ones didn't.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
My smartkey does not have anything like that and I have always wondered how they would attach a tag... I do not ever valet... so... guess it doesnt matter... I dont want anyone else driving my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts