Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new SMART Passion and driven about 1300 miles city driving in Los Angeles. I am averaging between 22 to 25 miles per gallon. And that is consistent. Now my SMART rep tells me that the mileage will get better, but I am really concerned since this so much lower than the mileage quoted by SMART. This equals appr. 9 plus ltr per 100 km. Anybody with similar experience?

·
Registered
93 300E 2.8, 79 450 SLC
539 Posts
Car&Driver roadtested the Smart and they only got like 34mpg. Better than yours but not impressive. They recommend Honda Fit instead.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I met a lady two weeks ago who drove the topless version of the Smart. Said she was getting 44 mpg highway.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I met a lady two weeks ago who drove the topless version of the Smart. Said she was getting 44 mpg highway.
Key word is highway. Generally these cars are used in urban settings for city driving.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
That's more like 11 L/100 km! Ouch!

·
Registered
1987 300SDL
1,612 Posts
you people are not driving it right, my father let me borrow his smart and I've been getting 39-45 mpg CONSISTANTLY.

whats up with you? lead foot?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Any Smart owners have first hand reports on gas mileage, now that they've broken-in their vehicles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts