Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of getting the new Electric Smartcar that will be arriving in Canada - Spring 2013. I'm actually very excited about the thought of getting it. Any thoughts from the Smartcar member community on the arrival of Electric Smartcars?

From what I have read, it looks like this is a Gen 3 version of the electric Smartcar. The first two being field tested in small numbers and the resulting Gen 3 version is from all the feedback from those users and lessons learned from the first two generations. The write ups on the Gen 3 version has been very positive and I have not seen too much negative press on it.

Here's a quick review of the Electric Smart car for 2013 by Wheels.ca. You get to see it in action. Very cool looking.

And for the ultimate sports car junkie...the Brabus electric Smart Car. I think it's going to be out of my budget, but nice to day dream about it.

Brabus ED - an electric Smart with attitude

Attachments

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
For urban use it should be good.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's exactly what I am interested in using the Smart car for. I find that 80% of our driving is within 10 km of our house. I doubt we ever go beyond more than 50 km total per day on an average day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Almost 14,000kms on mine so far. I drive it everywhere, urban, highway, etc.

For what I save in gasoline, it's basically a free car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
marc hanna
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing