Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to the stealership last week and they put new oiler tubes in and adjusted the timing chain slides. The neext morning I pull the car out from the garage and there is a small spot of oil on the concrete. I looked under the car and it came from a small rubber opening that looked like a spout or a piece that was suppose to allow oil/ fluids to drip through. Could some oil have spilled on the motor during work or does anyone think that the dealership may have something loose or leaky? I really would like to know what the "spout" is for. Thanks

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Took my car to the stealership last week and they put new oiler tubes in and adjusted the timing chain slides. The neext morning I pull the car out from the garage and there is a small spot of oil on the concrete. I looked under the car and it came from a small rubber opening that looked like a spout or a piece that was suppose to allow oil/ fluids to drip through. Could some oil have spilled on the motor during work or does anyone think that the dealership may have something loose or leaky? I really would like to know what the "spout" is for. Thanks
It could be that they just dropped some oil onto the interior side of the smooth underbody, and that it's slowly leaking out. It could also be that they didn't properly seat the gaskets when they put everything back together.

Or, it could be something else that you only now noticed. What year is your car, and have you ever changed your oil pan gasket? If not, you're past-due for it.

·
Banned
8,660 Posts
Took my car to the stealership last week and they put new oil tube guides in and adjusted the timing chain slides. The next morning I pulled the car out from the garage and there was a small spot of oil on the concrete. I looked under the car and it came from a small rubber opening that looked like a spout or a piece that was suppose to allow oil/ fluids to drip through. Could some oil have spilled on the motor during work or does anyone think that the dealership may have something loose or leaky? I really would like to know what the "spout" is for. Thanks
Welcome to the R129 Forum. I've found that after work has been done on my car that there is sometimes a residual amount of oil left over, due to sloppy work that was done. I would wipe the garage floor and place some newspaper under the car to catch any new residual oil. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it will stop in a short period of time. I also wonder if your talking about your condensation from your Climate Control. Are you sure it's oil and not water?

Because we are big on visual please post a couple of pictures of the area where you have a oil leak. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info

The leak is lessening every time I take it out. Hopefully it was a "sloppy" mechanic spilling oil down the motor! Hate leaky cars and trucks!

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
The leak is lessening every time I take it out. Hopefully it was a "sloppy" mechanic spilling oil down the motor! Hate leaky cars and trucks!

LOL.

I hate it to, especially when I miss the toilet. ;)

Regards.
aam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts