Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in my manual that services are set 'every 10,000 miles (15,000 km)'. <br>
<br>
Because we all know that 10,000 miles is 16,090 km, I guess that means I get 1000 km less use out of my car between services here in Canada than I would in the US. That makes servicing 6% more expensive in Canada. Like we didn't already pay too much tax etc!<br>
<br>
Seriously though: is it really that arbitrary? Does anyone here have extra oil changes done? Do you all service on time, or early, or late? I usually try to synchronise with my driving holidays, so end up doing very early services quite often.<br>
<br>
Michael<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What kind of service are you talking about?<br> Is it on W203 ? Or you are not getting<br> flexible service (ASSYST) in US and Canada?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual

Ah.. in the manual it mentions the standard service interval time as 10,000 miles or 15,000 km (as measured by the flexible service calculation). <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Manual

Changing oil was never happened at 10,000 miles nor 15,000 km, the computer sensor will measure how good is your oil due to your driving habit. If you drive more in the city you might get your FSS sked. on time or if you drive on highway more often your FSS can go beyond 10K miles/15K km. How many miles/km on your C's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts