Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 83 300d has recently sprung a small leak of antifreeze... i jacked up the car looking for the exact source, but couldnt find it... it seems to be coming from somewhere near the batteray, i took out the batt and the batteray plate to look under it but still count find it... it looks like the only thing really running through that area is a heater line, might that be the problem? i also found a hose that just goes to nowhere, but it had clear liquid dripping out when i squeezed it and looks like its supposed to be there...anyonme know what that is? the antifreeze leak isnt that bad, barely a drip and it stops after the car is parked for a while, levels have been fine, but i think i should probbably find the source of it

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
The leak coming from somewhere near the battery is for sure the double heat-valve placed j...

The leak coming from somewhere near the battery is for sure the double heat-valve placed just above the battery on the firewall. It got three hoses connected to it and two small levers on the sides. (right hand and left hand heat)The dripping comes from the sealings in those levers. Drive the engine real warm and turn it of, ten get outside and turn the levers from outside and look for leaks. It´s easy to change it. Just pry of the wires with a screwdriver, remove the hoses and than the valve. Don´t buy a used one. I did, still dripping.

Good luck!
Anders

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.