Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new windshield put in my '05 C230 SS and today while driving it I noticed a little speck about 1mm square a couple inches below the top of the windshield. I got home and cleaned the windshield and the little speck would not come off. After close inspection, I determined that the speck is inside the glass. Now I notice the damn speck every time I get into the car. I have attached a picture of the speck circled. It looks white from the camera flash, but it is actually black. I am wondering if I should tell the dealer about this and ask them to get me a new windshield. Am I being too picky here, or am I justified in asking to get a new windshield without small defects like this? I paid over $600 for the new windshield...

Attachments

·
Registered
01 C320 Sport
21 Posts
Be picky! That's what you're paying for. If you wanted to put up with crap, you could buy a Hyundai C Class knock-off (the sonata).

·
Registered
04 C230 Kompressor
335 Posts
I need a replacement windshield also. Who did yours?
Safelite quoted me $344 MB quoted $1015. I'm still in limbo. Any advice before I shell out $$$$?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my dealer charged me $348 for the windshield and $275 to install it. $1015 is ridiculous. I found out that my dealer subcontracted the installation to a glass company that knows how to do MB glass properly. My advice is to use genuine MB glass and find someone who knows how to install it properly without screwing up the rain sensor.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Have it replaced, that's unacceptable. It's no biggy for the dealer as the place they outsourced to will have to eat the cost of the labor but it's their fault for bad QA and the glass company will have to eat the cost of the glass but it's also their fault for poor QA. Cost is not an issue, I've paid $250 for a new windshield that was perfect and I would have complained if it had a visible flaw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts