Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1981 MBZ 240D
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done extensive searches on the web, and found lots of SL swaps, but none in the larger W123 or W126.

Has anybody done this? If so, any helpful information on what you would have done differently?

I would think that a SB 350 or such would be much easier in the W123 than an SL?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1981 MBZ 240D
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, what about the 280(C)E engine? What parts would be necessary to swap for that? I h...

Also, what about the 280(C)E engine? What parts would be necessary to swap for that? I have a 4-speed manual.

Additionally, what about the 300SD engine from up to around the '86 models? Were there any electronics on those?

Additionally, additionally. Are there any 5-speed trans. that will bolt-up? And what kind of availability?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Are you are planning to do all of the work yourself?
If not, forget it. It would end up c...

Are you are planning to do all of the work yourself?
If not, forget it. It would end up costing you many times more that what the car is worth.
It's an interesting idea. I've thought about it many times myself.
There are just too many things to change in addition to the engine and transmission to make the car drivable, dependable and safe.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
There is a 240D 123 with a GM V6 and unknown non MBZ trans at the old 1-75 Al's Pick and P...

There is a 240D 123 with a GM V6 and unknown non MBZ trans at the old 1-75 Al's Pick and Pull.
John Gregg,

Dallas Texas

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
If you are interested in seeing a W123 coupe with a small block V8 swap, go to: http://www...

If you are interested in seeing a W123 coupe with a small block V8 swap, go to: http://www.draconiandesign.com/badbenz/

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Re: There is a 240D 123 with a GM V6 and unknown non MBZ trans at the old 1-75 Al's Pick and P

There is a 240D 123 with a GM V6 and unknown non MBZ trans at the old 1-75 Al's Pick and Pull.
John Gregg,

Dallas Texas
Many unsuccessful swaps end up in wrecking yards, get the picture?

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
The idea isn't impossible...if you have the talent and the resources.[;)]...

The idea isn't impossible...if you have the talent and the resources.[;)]

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Re: Re: There is a 240D 123 with a GM V6 and unknown non MBZ trans at the old 1-75 Al's Pick a

John Gregg,

Dallas Texas
Many unsuccessful swaps end up in wrecking yards, get the picture?
I am happy with my #2 condition 79 300CE. I think they really did pull off the GM V6 swap I have seen some GM V6 swaps in auto trader. Not my idea of a good driver:)

Do have a 1972 280SE 108 body with a 115/300D conversion, looks factory, even air is hooked up.
Mercedes did not make am S Class diesel, know of one other example that was done. Plan to sell because have too many Mercedes to drive. Like pets needing attention Mercedes need to be driven
John Gregg

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Re: If you are interested in seeing a W123 coupe with a small block V8 swap, go to: http://www

If you are interested in seeing a W123 coupe with a small block V8 swap, go to: http://www.draconiandesign.com/badbenz/
I have to admitt I really like it , if we could get the builder to come to a local MBCA tech session....
Was tempted to call on a Chevy V-8 in a 280SE chassis
described as No Air but really fast $2500. Long gone now. But did not want too hot a car in the family with a teenage son.
John Gregg

·
Registered
89 300TE
290 Posts
Imagine an SL55 AMG engine into a W123...

Imagine an SL55 AMG engine into a W123

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
Ford powered Mercedes

This is a long story, but at 15 i bought my w123, with a dead motor. looking at paying for college soon, i still needed a power plant. my friends late father gave me a ford v6 complete with everything. My dad showed me how to do a conversion. now it is undergoing supercharging and stroking, its math says 320hp. well see what it does next spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.