Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, im gonna try to change up the appearance of my 430. i bought the trunk star to replace the one someone tried to steal, i bought the chrome center cap to replace the one that is "missing", im gonna get the W164 style chrome grill for the front like SO

i might get the oval exhaust tip for the back, headlight eyelids, chrome side mirror moldings, and the full chrome trunk lid. hehe, best looking '99. :p :bowdown: :thumbsup:

my car's gonna look great for the next NYC meet

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you do me a favor and take some pics of the front of your car. head on leveled, from both side, top, etc thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
You should look into doing a bumper cutout for the exhaust tip on the back. One of my pet peeves is seeing add on exhaust tips that just come out from under the bumper outta nowhere.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ You're talking about something like the 430 sport edition? that the entire rear bumper has that grill mesh but has the exhaust just coming straight out?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
using my paint skills, rofl. (i did it really crappy) here are the differences from current, to just grill inserts, to full W164 grill. (i should be ordering my grill tomorrow)

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
^^ You're talking about something like the 430 sport edition? that the entire rear bumper has that grill mesh but has the exhaust just coming straight out?
Either that, or you could use like a dremel and cut it our yourself. Might be better if you have a skilled friend or shop do it though to get it right. :eek:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
using my paint skills, rofl. (i did it really crappy) here are the differences from current, to just grill inserts, to full W164 grill. (i should be ordering my grill tomorrow)

ROFL, that's REALLY good for Paint. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
your truck looks good man.. and since this post was started i have a question.. what do you guys think of the side mirror covers with blinkers from ebay? i want to put some blinkers on my car but i dont now if i should get the ones from ebay lt me know what your guys know about those? thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
your truck looks good man.. and since this post was started i have a question.. what do you guys think of the side mirror covers with blinkers from ebay? i want to put some blinkers on my car but i dont now if i should get the ones from ebay lt me know what your guys know about those? thanks
yeah, i was thinking about getting that, but later probably in the summer/late spring. i'm not too sure of how they actually work but i would not buy an ebay one for this occasion, it probably is too cheap. i'd get one from for my mercedes .com i think that the cover is only changed and it does not affect the mechanics of the mirror itself and a wire is routed through the door to supply power to the leds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah, i was thinking about getting that, but later probably in the summer/late spring. i'm not too sure of how they actually work but i would not buy an ebay one for this occasion, it probably is too cheap. i'd get one from for my mercedes .com i think that the cover is only changed and it does not affect the mechanics of the mirror itself and a wire is routed through the door to supply power to the leds.
yea i saw it on ebay for like $80 and it is only the cover so yea the mechanics are untouched.. do you know how much the Mercedes wants for those?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the site i stated above they cost $109 which i think should be a way better build quality than ebay. for this will have to actually see a few to see the quality.

as for "the Mercedes" do you mean from the stealership?? i doubt they have it there and if they do.... get ready to pay a ton for them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OT: Do you have more pics of your X5 and 540? My mum owns an x5 and brother a 540i, and we are always looking for some stuff we can do with them. Especially the X5 which is as stock as it gets right now.
hehe, i dont have that many of the 528i left and i got a few more of the x5. my recommendations is to get what i have on the X5, such as chrome trims (big factor to making it look nice) get some carbon fiber emlems for the hood/trunk/center caps, a bull bar (a definate), chrome trim for the headlights For the 540 like you have, get a M5 front and rear bumper and M5 rims. Go to www. bimmer fest .com and find me in the E39 section.

what year X5 you have?

here is my first post with the pics and here are more of the ones i missed:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Both the 540 and the x5 are black. Because this vehicle is my mums I cant go to far with the mods. Although I suggested she get some rims (in fact I suggested to her rims similar to your style) to keep her satisfied with the x5 for at least another year, before she ditches it. Although the chrome accents are a possibility.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats cool. the rims are off of a '06. the guy we're leasing from gave it to us after my dad ran into a curb during a hurricane.

i saw the pics of your ml, that grill is tough. im gonna get it. i only see 1 chrome one and its like 155 with shipping included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts