Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the small rear windows don't go down all the way, the window dirt seal in the body presses against the weather stripping on the window. Now there is a deformity in the weather stripping so it doesn't seal tightly againse the door glass when up. There is now air noise with the roof up and windows closed.

I don't think it will do any good to get the weather stripping replaced (under warranty) because the wiper dirt seal will deform that one, too.

Howcum the winders don't go all the way down? That's the cure.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
The front windows also miss going all the way down by about a 1/2 inch. It is kind of strange to stop them before they are all the way down.[?]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
I too wonder why the windows don't go all the way down.

In addition to seeing this myself.....a few people who were taking a spin with me were like, how come you don't put the windows down all the way, and i was like, that IS all the way down![:(]

I'd like to know the reasoning behind this if there really is any technical stuff behind them doing so. There must be. Why have a little portion of the window out if you don't need to?!

Although, there is not much that can make me mad or hate this car, it's a dream having it....good times!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
CP1 - 4/27/2005 6:51 AM

Because the small rear windows don't go down all the way, the window dirt seal in the body presses against the weather stripping on the window. Now there is a deformity in the weather stripping so it doesn't seal tightly againse the door glass when up. There is now air noise with the roof up and windows closed.

I don't think it will do any good to get the weather stripping replaced (under warranty) because the wiper dirt seal will deform that one, too.

Howcum the winders don't go all the way down? That's the cure.
I just noticed that this morning! One reason I wanted the hard top was to have less wind noise. So much for that[:(]

·
Registered
2007 GL320 CDI, 2005 SLK350 and 2001 SLK320
328 Posts
The R170 windows won't go all the way down either. It seems odd that they would design BOTH generations of SLK with the same issue, so there must be some logical reason. I have no idea what it is, though.

·
Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG, Performance Package
62 Posts
I have a 2001 320 and both passenger and drivers' windows go down all the way. the rear windows barely show from their casing.[?]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
mbslk350 - 4/28/2005 3:02 AM

The R170 windows won't go all the way down either. It seems odd that they would design BOTH generations of SLK with the same issue, so there must be some logical reason. I have no idea what it is, though.

It's cos the glass is deeper than the doors [8)] not enough room to make them dissapeer[:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts