Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'95 E200 MasterPiece
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

It's something that I have noticed in both my W124 E200 (93 and 95).

In fact, a friend of mine who owns a 2005 E200 Kompressor also noticed the same.

It happens in the low-mid ranges from 20km/h till 90km/h. At that range, when there is a need to accelerate fast, the engine does not seem to respond well no matter how hard I floor the pedal. It's nagging especially when i am changing lanes. Beyond 90km/h, there is no problem.

Has anyone noticed the same?

Any advice for a low cost performance boost?

Thanks

·
Registered
1990 W124 300TE-24 3.4 AMG, 1991 W126 300SEL
152 Posts
Happy New Year!!!

Do you have the autogear 'kickdown' when you step on the pedal hard? It usually do on mine. I have no problems accelerating from any cruising speed.

·
Registered
1990 W124 300TE-24 3.4 AMG, 1991 W126 300SEL
152 Posts
I remember six-wheeler posted an article about the gear/gas cable adjustments... I can't find the exact post. Anyway I got this by chance:
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=242345&posts=16&fid=11

·
Registered
'95 E200 MasterPiece
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RafMAR - 2/8/2005 8:55 AM

Happy New Year!!!

Do you have the autogear 'kickdown' when you step on the pedal hard? It usually do on mine. I have no problems accelerating from any cruising speed.
Hey RafMar, Happy New Year!!

Step on the pedal hard? Meaning fast and all the way down? Erm... i have not really tried it though, but I have tried flooring the pedal (not in a fast motion) but the car does not seem to respond as "urgently". Instead it picks up rather slowly and makes me feel that i am just wasting gas. This happens most obviously at the 40km/h-80km/h range. After 90km/h the car really flies.

Is it easy for you to get into the "downshift" mode ?

Read the reference. Thanks. Erm... I'm not sure about playing with the throttle adjustments man... Have you tried it? Does it work?

Another question, what is the easiest and most 'bang for buck' tweak for the E200? (Do you drive and E200 W124?)

Currently the entire car from engine to exhaust is stock. I am wondering if there is a legal and low cost way of improving the performance.

Thanks dude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts