Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 500 SEC
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

My SLS pump has a serious leak. The system had been losing fluid for about 6 months but with no sign of a leak anywhere but now it has finally exposed itself at the pump housing. I am concerned that perviously the hydraulic fluid has been leaking in to the engine but I suppose there is little I can do about that now.

I can see a great rebuild kit at Mercedessource but living in South Africa (and with no postal service here whatsoever during the COVID crisis) I would not be able to receive this anytime soon.

I found this list of parts required on another forum. Does anyone know if this is the complete list required? The Mercedessource kit seems to have an extra o-ring in their photo. I would like to make sure I have everything in hand before I start the job.

004 997 01 47, seal ring quantity 1
010 997 43 45, seal ring quantity 1
114 236 00 80, gasket quantity 1
007603 012111, crush seals, quantity 2

·
Registered
1984 500 SEC
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found an excellent thread on this topic with all the answers.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
2,675 Posts
I just found an excellent thread on this topic with all the answers.

Thank you for your compliment. :)

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
8,968 Posts
Yes, Roy,liviu165, is very knowledgeable about these cars and he researches as much as he can about the particular specs, measurements, and possible aftermarket pieces of everything he does with repairs and maintenance of his cars. Back in Oct-Nov of 2019 I did the SLS pump overhaul "while I was in there" with a water pump and A/C compressor replacement. One thing I wanted to point out with the 14mm bolt / bracket on the pump feed hose is be careful when putting the bracket back in place to not catch the A/C compressor power wire (that was the only hair pulling glitch of this tri-component repair), if the wire gets pinched you will blow a fuse and your Climate Control will stop working along with no compressor. There is a small space / channel created with the bracket to keep the wire out of harms way (unless you pinch it :oops: :sneaky:)

Oh, years ago I was turned onto getting and using Hylomar sealant for a front cover fix on the SE and I got a new tube of it and used just a dab on both side of the paper gasket on the SLS pump, my understanding is that it seals but never sets up completely, like others become rubber, so that later part can be taken apart with gaskets being able to be used a 2nd time (dunno about that but that's the claim)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts