Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this will be a fun topic.....Someone post this in the other forums.....
The guy have stolen my dream..:mad:.... Instead I was thinking of turbo the 7.3 to get 800hp back then, when I use to own the 7.3.....:D

I think the 7.3 will win if the guy could drive.......:D

SLR vs charged SL73

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race on Saturday. Distantion 1/4mile. Who must win? - your opinion? Will be 3 attempts, prize - 50000 $
My SLR ' 07 (~700hp) vs R129 SL73 supercharger (~800-850 hp).

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
OK, I'll bite:

First off, who's got a Supercharged SL7.3? Because this is the first I've heard of its existence.

Secondly, which other forum was this subject started and discussed? Got Link?

Also, as a side note, I remember reading somewhere that you sold your Brabus 7.3 to M&M because it was too fast for your liking. If this is true, why are you saying now that you were thinking of turbo charging it? It doesn't make any sense?

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I'll bite:

First off, who's got a Supercharged SL7.3? Because this is the first I've heard of its existance.

Secondly, which other forum was this subject started and discussed? Got Link?

Also, as a side note, I remember reading somewhere that you sold your Brabus 7.3 to M&M because it was too fast for your liking. If this is true, why are you saying now that you were thinking of turbo charging it? It doesnt make any scence?
It true...... it too fast....... before I modified the 600 I have a plan to do the 7.3 and turbo it...... but after doing the 7.3 I back off doing the turbo.....:surrender:

here the link......:)

SLR vs charged SL73 - MBWorld.org Forums

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if all this are ture..:confused:... but this guy also have a W124 E class with 7.3 motor........ I heard the middle east guys have crazy modified cars.....:eek:

·
Registered
623 Posts
It true...... it too fast....... before I modified the 600 I have a plan to do the 7.3 and turbo it...... but after doing the 7.3 I back off doing the turbo.....:surrender:

here the link......:)

SLR vs charged SL73 - MBWorld.org Forums
How fast was your old 7.3 in the quarter mile? and how fast is the SA 5.8 Brabus in the quarter mile?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
How fast was your old 7.3 in the quarter mile? and how fast is the SA 5.8 Brabus in the quarter mile?
Yes, here's a realistic question that I would like answered as well..

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I think me and Mike have our next goal planned out:

To match, or excede, the expected performance of a Brabus SL7.3

What do you think Mike? You think we'll ever run a 12.5 or 12.3? :)

·
Registered
623 Posts

I think it's gonna happen this March when the track season opens, let's keep our fingers crossed.....

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you know the answer......:D

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I think your car made a big improvement over the last time...... so I think you be head to head...... Good luck.......!!:)

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time slips or ban...........:D
lol...... why you need the time slips..... just seeing your time slips I won't run you.......:surrender::nono::D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dragracing must clearly be about 1 thing, weight. When I see that a 7.3 with almost 600 hp does the 1/4 mile in low 12's, I'm a little surprised. A comparison: in my younger days I was into Ford Cosworths (biggest bang for the bucks). In England for obvious reasons this is really big. They have "run what you brung" days all the time. A well tuned Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4, with dynoed 330-350 hp (nor pub-hp) does the 1/4 mile easy in low 12's..... Thats almost only half the power of a 7.3....

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I don't know if all this are ture..:confused:... but this guy also have a W124 E class with 7.3 motor........ I heard the middle east guys have crazy modified cars.....:eek:
SL BRABUS I don't know about the W124 but I recall Brabus had in his catalogue a W210 both in sedan (saloon) and estate version with that kind of engine and top speed of the sedan was 330 kph (about 206 mph) and the estate wasn't far behind. The estate was also declared the fastest estate production car in the world at teh time.

Cheers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There are guys in the UK running high horsepower (600-700) Impreza's and they are knocking on the door of 8 seconds in their street legal cars. Yes they are stripped out, but the cars only weigh 1250Kg out of the factory, these guys are probably running around 1050Kgs

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
There are guys in the UK running high horsepower (600-700) Impreza's and they are knocking on the door of 8 seconds in their street legal cars. Yes they are stripped out, but the cars only weigh 1250Kg out of the factory, these guys are probably running around 1050Kgs
Just as much as my 1981 Porsche 924 Turbo weights and it has 177 BHPs stock and trust me that car is a little wild beast in its own category.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Weight is everything at the track. The majority of the cars there weigh between 2400-3300 lbs.

Our cars weigh over 4200 lbs. So, for us, a 12.xx second time is a major accomplishment.
Especially since first starting these projects, we were just north of 14.5 second cars.

If we were ever to be a 9 or 10 second car, we wouldn't be a Mercedes Benz anymore.

Lets get back to the original topic:

If a turbo 7.3 SL putting out over 800hp did existance, I'd say it could run an 11.5.
But it would definately lack street drivability.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts