Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C280
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the link below to look at this homemade replica of the new SLR. It's pretty amazing for some guy's garage to turn out something like this. If only the hood was tighter fitting and the engine bay was cleaner....

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=848531

·
Registered
380SL,560SEL,S600
87 Posts
Simply, amazing! Perhaps he was an engineer for the real thing? Sheer talent....

Simply, amazing! Perhaps he was an engineer for the real thing? Sheer talent.

·
Registered
85 300 SD
276 Posts
thats the kind of thing that just makes your jaw drop...not only did the guy make an SLR h...

thats the kind of thing that just makes your jaw drop...not only did the guy make an SLR himself,he made it out of an SEC chassis..hell the things probably stronger,maybe not lighter,than the production model...although i cant see why he didnt blow his brains out when he saw all that rewiring he was gonna have to do,that guy has patience,but it definitely paid off

·
Registered
85 300 SD
276 Posts
thats the kind of thing that just makes your jaw drop...not only did the guy make an SLR h...

thats the kind of thing that just makes your jaw drop...not only did the guy make an SLR himself,he made it out of an SEC chassis..hell the things probably stronger,maybe not lighter,than the production model...although i cant see why he didnt blow his brains out when he saw all that rewiring he was gonna have to do,that guy has patience,but it definitely paid off

·
Registered
W210 E55 AMG
24 Posts
Hm..

As an addition I can tell you that this guy is from Poland and he lives near Krakow. I've seen this car and it's incredible what this guy did.

Unfortunately Mercedes instead of glorifying the guy sued him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts