Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I seeing 2.1 million, 1 million, 500,000. All over the place for the SLR. It says the MRSP is 450,000 USD on the mercedes site. I guess the dealers get to choose how much they sell it for? or can anyone clear this up for me? I'm unaware of how it works.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
MSRP stands for manufacture suggested retail price not MIRP or manufacture imposed retail price.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, but why the heck would someone buy a 2.1 million dollar car where on the otherside of the country its going for 550,000.....Oh well just curious, anyways are they estimated to go up in value aswell? and how long will they continue production?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
scottcardwell - 2/19/2005 3:27 AM

yes, but why the heck would someone buy a 2.1 million dollar car where on the otherside of the country its going for 550,000.....Oh well just curious, anyways are they estimated to go up in value aswell? and how long will they continue production?
"There's a sucker born every minute"
David Hannum but wrongly attributed to PT Barnum

Will the stock market go up next week or will gold slide in value? Those kind of questions can't be answered with certainty. However one thing is for sure that investing in a car is extremely risky. Very few cars appreciate significantly in value over just a few short years.

"Mercedes-Benz and their McLaren Formula 1 partners are committed to building 3,500 V8, 5.5-litre, turbocharged SLRs over seven years, but for those waiting in line the company has not ruled out extending the production run."

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh i see thanks for clearing that up,

3,500, hmmm I wonder if they'll push it.

And ya I know investing in a car is a HUGE risk. I would never.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also, Since Mclaren and Mercedes have ended their partnership,the project 8,9 and 10 have been cancelled. The C199 is the only vehicle they will build together. There has been alot of friction from day 1. Mclaren locked out all DCAG employees. That started it because DCAG wanted production stepped to 2 cars a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts