·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
wirelesscoyote - 2/6/2005 10:29 AM

http://www.carcity.com.hk/car/mercedes/02_sl500silver_front.jpg

[:D]
I think it looks terrible.

I wonder when we are going to drop this SLR nose issue and wait to see what happens since nobody really knows?

Any picture can be photoshopped.

When?, I guess never.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that picture is not a photoshop picture...this car is actually a second hand car in HK, someone modified the front of this SL500 and then selling it.

here are some more of this car's picture

http://www.carcity.com.hk/car/mercedes/02_sl500silver_side.jpg

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
wirelesscoyote - 2/6/2005 10:45 AM

that picture is not a photoshop picture...this car is actually a second hand car in HK, someone modified the front of this SL500.
And how do you know that, unless you have seen it personally?

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes...i've seen it in person. I don't think the car dealer would photoshop a picture of a car they are selling and put it on their second hand car page.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
wirelesscoyote - 2/6/2005 10:48 AM

yes...i've seen it in person. I don't think the car dealer would photoshop a picture of a car they are selling and put it on their second hand car page.
Well, if you have seen it, that is the end of that.

I wonder how much that cost? Do you have any idea?

As you can see from the photo, the nose and lights are not in the same proportions of the SLR which is why, in my opinion, it does not look as nice.

The differences are subtle but in my mind make the difference between looking good and looking forced.

Anyway, I applaud the guy for spending what it took to change the hood and front. Again, wonder how much?

How much are they selling the car for?

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.carcity.com.hk/second/mercedes/02_sl500silver.htm

Check out the website above....the price is $1,180,000HKD....so around $150,000USD....

I know it is overpriced for a second hand...but HK's tax for cars are close to 100%

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
I've seen loads of these modifications before. The way I see it is, if Mercedes want to put the SLR nose on the SL they should, but only if they can do it in a way which makes the car look somewhat 'original'. Everyone hated the idea that they were going to do it to the SLK, but people love it and they car has been amazingly well received.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I know of 4 people in the Memphis area that canceled their SLK order, because the new nose looks like the south end of a northbound mule.

That nose in the picture is from a car modification company.

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
the SLK recently won What Car? Car of the Year Award.

It has been an amazing success here at least.

If the next SL looks exactly like this one (ie just with the nose modification) then it will be a disaster. However, I'm sure that Mercedes will be able to incorporate it in a good way. The SL is the flagship of Mercedes and a strong part of their heritage. I doubt they would just slap on an SLR nose.

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Wireless coyote, Dude! What is this? It reminds me of when I was a litte kid and my father put on the Groucho Marks glasses and nose set. He thought he looked like Groucho but he just looked like my Dad with a "big nose". Well this picture looks like Mercedes has come out with the brand new "SL Sliver Groucho" Or perhaps this is the Jimmy Durante model? I just dont know!! I do know one thing...It is UGLY. I'm sure if MB incorporates the SLR nose, it sure won't look like this!!!

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, you should say this to the previous owner of this car. I just found it interesting and share with all of u

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
tiggerfink - 2/6/2005 7:44 PM

I know of 4 people in the Memphis area that canceled their SLK order, because the new nose looks like the south end of a northbound mule.

That nose in the picture is from a car modification company.
I know a half a dozen people who ordered the car, simply after having seen the nose in person.

Some like it, others loathe it [;)]

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Sorry if you were offended by my response. Please continue to share whatever you have since it is all quite interesting, for better or worse. It is fun to share and then listen to the differing opinions from around the world. This is what the forum is all about! So again, sincerely, thank you.

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
I have many, but I'm not sure how to put them on here. I nver had to do that for any reason before. I'll try to figure it out soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts