Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used SLR about five months ago and after the car sitting for about a month with out being driven (was out of town) I went to start the car and it was dead. Thought about jumping the but then just wanted to change the battery. I like working on my cars so I dove in and took the batters out, tested them and the large one was dead and would no longer hold a charge. I got a new one and put everything back. Started the car and the battery light/symbol is on and says the car needs to go to the shop. I thought about driving the car to see if it would go away but came on here to see if there is anything that I can do or if it needs to go to the dealership.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
127 Posts
First off , when new the car comes with it's own battery charger (that should be the first clue of what is to come) If I recall correctly due to the carbon fiber conducting electricity I don't think that you should ever jump that car. Your roadside assistance will help you , call them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can't jumpstart the car. Don't try it. For one thing you can't, for another if you delaminate the carbon fiber by trying to your SLR's only destination would be scrap. After seeing the date on your post you have probably resolved the issue by now. I would just like to say that you should always take this car to the dealer if you are unsure of anything. This is not a car you want to attempt to repair yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts