Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At present waited 5 weeks for an AMG spoiler (they told me 7-14days, merc told me 28 so i thought i would get it from www.r171.co.uk as it would be quicker, stupid mistake). It was supposedly sent from Germany 10 working days ago via Omega express but they cannot give me a tracking number! Fed up of waiting for it now, could have got it quicker AND cheaper in the end from Merc!

Also now waited 5 months tomorrow for a roof module from www.r171.co.uk!!!!!! Who knows when that may arrive.

Of course i had to pay for it all on the day i ordered it!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
My roof module arrived in December , ok well it was January, well if you're really asking- it was February - hopefully MARCH!! we've still got to hear from someone who's got one. Have you seen the website recently - the module is now £370 sheets, and they are advertising bits for almost any smart set of wheels going. Can't wait for Mr Bipes in the States to do one. [V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
When I have spoken to the guy who runs Manzi consulting aka 171.co.uk, I was told only a few people are concerned about the situation of having to wait so long for the module. Everyone else is patiently waiting.

Also when I spoke to him he reliably informed me despite making payment to him it had nothing to do with him and he forwards all communication to the relevent department. I am unsure how many departments can run from within a small flat in London, where the business is regsitered.

Whatever the truth behind the operation our purchases are with Manzi consulting services and therefore the guy I spoke to who claims to own the Manzi consulting limited (alex) is responsable. It's interesting to note the director registered with companies house is not called alex. Furthermore the flat the business is regsisterd to has someone totally different on the electoral register.

I hope my money is safe and I will recieve a module. Whilst its difficult to trust a closed supplier, its impossible to trust one who claims its all out of his control.

I just live in hope the gadget we have paid for materialises.

Out of interest could everyone who has one on order post how long they have been waiting - and anyone who is incidently happy with with waiting indicate this too.... I just dont; believe we are all happy with the prolonged purchase cycle!

Rant over (but justified don't you think)

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
aquascape - 2/28/2005 3:23 PM

At present waited 5 weeks for an AMG spoiler (they told me 7-14days, merc told me 28 so i thought i would get it from www.r171.co.uk as it would be quicker, stupid mistake). It was supposedly sent from Germany 10 working days ago via Omega express but they cannot give me a tracking number! Fed up of waiting for it now, could have got it quicker AND cheaper in the end from Merc!

Also now waited 5 months tomorrow for a roof module from www.r171.co.uk!!!!!! Who knows when that may arrive.

Of course i had to pay for it all on the day i ordered it!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 8 weeks for me since I ordered my AMG Wing. I ordered it on Jan 2nd. I was told 25 working days. I did get an email from them approx. 2 weeks ago(Feb 16th)stating it had been shipped from AMG and would be here in 10 working days. It has been 10 working days as of today from the notice of being shipped. It has been 39 working days since I placed the order. We will see if it shows up this week.

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
As time goes by and I read more posts about the company mentioned above, the more I am glad I did not pre-order the Vario roof module.
Once they start shipping, I will place an order.

·
Registered
SLK 200K
13 Posts
My aero wings arrived today from r171.co.uk after 4 weeks since ordering. The roof opening device hasn't arrived yet, emails from them have been slow and hard to come by. I just hope my roof device is coming soon!

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
AMG WING DELIVERED

I received my AMG wing today. Unfortunately it was in 2 pieces. It's not as bad as it sounds. The corner of the spoiler has a clean break in it. About 1/2" of the wing is seperated. I do know one thing, I will be repairing this wing rather than wait another 2 months for another one. By the way, minus the damage, the wing is a perfect match to the paint and looks excellent on the car. Also, it hangs over the back so the only alignment needed will be from side to side. Should be an idiot proof mount. I will get some adhesive and do the repairs and be happy. Funny though how it took longer for this little spoiler to arrive than it did for Mercedes to build and deliver my car [:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still waiting for mine. How does it attach to the car?

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
It attaches with 3m tape that is already adhered to the wing. Works very well. I heated up the trunk area and the spoiler itself and then ensured I was lined up and stuck it on. Looks awesome, fit perfectly.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When i enquired with www.r171.co.uk as to where my spoiler is as it was despatched nearly 3 weeks ago now i got the following response:-

'we have asked them to provide us with details, 2 days agao and we're still waiting for a confirmation. this is not a 2 people company. sales has to contact billing, they contact shipping, they contact billing and they contact sales and then we finally get our message:-( its not satisfying but the only way they work. as soon as we have news we'll let you know.
regards'

I wrote:
Any news on it though as you told me it was despatched 2 weeks ago so where is it now?

THEY HAVE NOT YET GOT BACK TO ME THOUGH

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
NukeSLK - 3/6/2005 9:00 PM

It attaches with 3m tape that is already adhered to the wing. Works very well. I heated up the trunk area and the spoiler itself and then ensured I was lined up and stuck it on. Looks awesome, fit perfectly.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7961353045&category=33638

Got mine from these guys.. Excellent service, Perfect Paint Match, Perfect Fit, Fast Delivery (2-5 days) and for $320.00 (deliverd), you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
25 Posts
I recieved my order of CHROME GRILL COVERS and DOOR PINS yesterday. They arrived in perfect condition by FED-EX. I had to wait about 3 weeks if this helps anyone.
The Chrome covers look awesome on my 55 amg, I will post pix soon.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Well, I'm finally getting my roof control module in April - only problem, they haven't said which year[:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
NukeSLK - 3/6/2005 6:00 PM

Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
Smoking mirrors.

aqua, your business is distribution and if I understand it correctly you despatch live fish.

How long would your business last if your stock wasn't delivered or took two weeks, and even worse you couldn't account for despatched stock that you have taken payment for.

Dead fish aside we all know you'd be in breach of contract for taking payment for goods not delivered.

I really do not understand how manzi consulting services claims to have so many employees yet information can not freeflow, how do they sustain business.

When I think of small and large businesses I dealt with through my life i have never experienced the delays and terrible excuses delivered by Manzi Consulting services.

Why do we get patronising, curt emails, that deliver a pathetic excuse.

I can forgive a one man band trying to earn some extra cash by failing to deliver due to managing a business being harder than he bargained for. But if as they maintain through email communication they are an organisation with so many departments, I can not forgive the poor communication and inability to be accountable.

[I personally think its all smoking mirrors, run by an individual or collective of people who are in apt at managing a business, and possibly manzi consulting services is just a face collecting cash, passing on orders and maintaining the web site]

Whilst we accept the delay for the remote roof module, its only because they seem to be the sole supplier and clearly we are a bunch of people who can afford to park £300 for an item of desirability. Increasingly I think we are also fools [:0].

Also this multi departmental organisation has its head office registered with companies house which reveals it operates from a small residential flat in a not so prime area of London.

Of course Manzi Consulting services will have their accounts filed with companies house and we can all access these for a small fee.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When i enquired why i had not received my spoiler that was "supposedly" despatched three weeks ago i got the following reply

"we've just got a note from amg that your wing has not yet been dispatched (i know we have told you about 2 weeks ago that it has been, as that was what they have told us). they have explained that they haven't dispatched it yet because of difficulties with the glue to attach the wing (you requested that you want the glue with it if possible) - the one they recently used wasn't strong enough and some people have reported that the wing came off at high speed. It was promised to us that the new glue will arrive next week and then the wing will be shipped immediately. once we have a confirmation about that we'll let you know. sorry about the delay but we can only give you the information we get from the manufacturer - this is totally out of our hands and there is no way to speed up the process as amg is the only one who delivers the wing - it is not possible to get it somewhere else (except if you go for the brabus wing).
kind regards"

I got an e-mail a couple of days ago saying it has not been despatched, who knows!

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
bsharp - 3/27/2005 5:28 PM

Before the weeks out, I'll have my r171.co.uk remote module!

Or will I recieve an email April 1st?
Is this an early April fools joke or are you able to also pick next weeks lotto numbers? If so when will mine arrive and what are the winning numbers? Unless you have it in hand you can not be sure of anything from r171.co.uk, especially the vapor ware roof module. I e-mailed them (HE) Friday asking and surprise, surprise I have not received a reply. I wonder if I can still get a refund on my CC after all this time or if r171.co.uk has stalled long enough to keep my money?[V]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts