Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I own a C240 2001 and recently I experienced slow acceleration when started the car. When I put my foot on the gas, it takes time (about a second or two) for it to move. It will be the same senario at complete stops. I noticed that if I restart the car and immidiatly put my foot on the gas after started, problem temperarly will go away. I will run into the same problem if I hit the breaks hard while driving and want continue after wards.
I do see Check Engine light on but if I restart and go, it will disappear until the next time that acts up again.
I'm assuming it has something to do with the electronics as the car is running fine itself.

Any tips will greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
Thought you were making a statement :D

Really though, if the check engine light is coming on and going away when you restart until the next time it acts up means the problem is intermittent. Could be an issue with transmission fluid level being too low. Or the valve body in the transmission could have contaminants in it.

I don't want to tell you it's 100% not an electronics issue as it could be, but it doesn't sound like it to me. I think your CE is coming on as a warning that something isn't jiving, ie because of low tranny fluid (as an example) the computer is thinking there is a problem due to throttle being applied, engine speed rising, car in drive yet the speed sensors are not showing the vehicle in motion.

Hope this helps, but maybe someone will have a better answer or things to check for you.

Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts