Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made my choice today and my SLK350 will be wearing these once she arrives.

BTW, the pic is only representative since it is 4 holes - I called tirerack to confirm.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RE: SLK55 Wheels in 17 inch as WInter Wheels

Seems the aftermaket folks are pretty quick to see the new upcoming OEM designs and produce similar ones.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like them, too!! Your choice is Excellent IMHO. Let me know how they work out. Are they available in 7.5 and 8.5 widths. I may get those for my summer wheels and remount my OEM tires on them.

Thanks,

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Moda R3's from tirerack right? Nice choice. I ordered the same exact wheels in 18x8 size as winter wheels for my X5 but later had to cancel my order because tirerack ran out of dunlop wintersport M2/M3's and LM22's for the season. So I was left with no choice but to go with a 19" staggered set for a winter. Very unfortunate because I had it all planned out too [;)] I was going to take a pic of my X5 with the moda R3 (SLK55 lookalike) winter set, next to my SLK55 with virtually identical wheels when I take delivery this winter. Would've made a nice kodak moment to have two vastly different cars wear nearly identical wheels. Ok... so maybe I was the only one excited about that [:p]

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roberta - 11/29/2004 7:34 PM

I like them, too!! Your choice is Excellent IMHO. Let me know how they work out. Are they available in 7.5 and 8.5 widths. I may get those for my summer wheels and remount my OEM tires on them.

Thanks,

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]
Hey Roberta,
Unfortunately the wheel is only available with a 7.5 width.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=Sport+Edition&wheelModel=Fox+3&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
masmole - 11/29/2004 8:08 PM

Moda R3's from tirerack right? Nice choice. I ordered the same exact wheels in 18x8 size as winter wheels for my X5 but later had to cancel my order because tirerack ran out of dunlop wintersport M2/M3's and LM22's for the season. So I was left with no choice but to go with a 19" staggered set for a winter. Very unfortunate because I had it all planned out too [;)] I was going to take a pic of my X5 with the moda R3 (SLK55 lookalike) winter set, next to my SLK55 with virtually identical wheels when I take delivery this winter. Would've made a nice kodak moment to have two vastly different cars wear nearly identical wheels. Ok... so maybe I was the only one excited about that [:p]
Those aren't the Moda wheels, they are Sport Edition Fox 3 - a cheaper version. I just figured I'd go with cheaper wheels since they are just for the winter.

·
Registered
654 Posts
well brand doesn't matter because they look exactly like the moda R3's.... I wouldn't be surprised if they are made by the same manufacturer and just branded/priced differently for marketing purposes. It's going to look very sharp on your SLK and if they clear the 55's brakes, might end up being my winter set as well.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, in that case, join the club!

By the way, that set of wheels with Blizzak LM-22s cost me $1273 including shipping to the North NJ area.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just incase anyone is interested in some affordable wheels for winter, I came accross these wheels on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7937687503&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ADS%3AUS%3A28

Does anyone know what sort of reputation ADR wheels have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
SIlver_Lana
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing