Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55/Infiniti M45
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm considering an SLK55, but I'm a picky *#&@! about my interior looking nice, I like a bit of contrast, I like a bit of wood.

But when I 'build my own' SLK55 on the MBUSA website, I can order the wood interior option with the SLK350, but not with the SLK55.

Anyone know if I'll be able to get the dealer to custom order a SLK55 w/wood interior, or can I retrofit it?

Thanks! =)

Dozer

(Vehicles for sale: 700hp Corvette Z06, 2002 Yamaha R1, 2002 Accord V6, 2003 Lexus SC430)

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Dozer42, Please add your location to your profile. Where you live has a lot to do with what options you can order.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA, we are unable to order a 55 with the wood trim package.

There may be a future aftermarket application, but none is available now.

I guess you have to weigh what is more important to you - the AMG engine or the stock engine with the wood interior.

PS - I have the wood trim and it's very good looking.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Dozer42 - 3/8/2005 9:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'm considering an SLK55, but I'm a picky *#&@! about my interior looking nice, I like a bit of contrast, I like a bit of wood.

But when I 'build my own' SLK55 on the MBUSA website, I can order the wood interior option with the SLK350, but not with the SLK55.

Anyone know if I'll be able to get the dealer to custom order a SLK55 w/wood interior, or can I retrofit it?

Thanks! =)

Dozer

(Vehicles for sale: 700hp Corvette Z06, 2002 Yamaha R1, 2002 Accord V6, 2003 Lexus SC430)
See the R171 picture thread at the top of this forum. DVANLINGE posted a picture of his car showing wood trim that he installed himself on the dash and gear shift knob. Looks good. I think he is going to add the brake handle and door handles. That would be everything included in the 350 wood trim package but the wood steering wheel. So if the steering wheel is not important to you, you might want to order the 55 and install the wood trim yourself.

By the way, where are you located???

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
You can get the steering wheel as well... one note though, you will pay more than the $700.00US buying all of the pieces as replacement parts and the door handles are a problem getting if your interior is a color were noone has purchased the trim package. My Interior is Blue and according to MB germany noone has purchased this color interior with wood so they do not even have a part number for the door handles in wood with this color other than that all of the other pieces are available as replacement parts.

·
Registered
SLK55/Infiniti M45
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the U.S...California to be exact...

But one wonders why that would matter.

If they can build the car with wood for someone in Europe, why couldn't they build one with wood for me in the U.S.?

Must be the lawyers or tree huggers. ;)

If I can just buy the wood bits and retrofit for <$1000, I'm fine with that...

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
If you want to forget the Steering wheel then <$1000.00 is doable but the Steering wheel itself is between 800.00 and 1000.00

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
I am from (North America) western Canada and as far I know, you cannot get wood trim package with SLK55 AMG beacuse I've already tried.
I guess the 55 comes with special AMG interior package.
I was forced to buy SLK350 with the wood trim
[:(!]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts