Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death, however I recently obtained a May build date from the dealer after another customer opted out. I had originally ordered a Pewter SLK350 with tobacco interior, and was very pleased with the combination.

Now I find myself trying to decide on a colour combo for the 55, and can't make up my mind. I have chosen obsidian with black and berry red interior, which looks kind of retro, but was also thinking of firemist with the two tone beige interior.

Can I ask people what colour combo's they chose, and what whether they are happy with the choice, and whether they think resale value will be different if one doesn't choose the "typical" silver or black colours??

Thanks!

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
I have iridium with black/red two-tone interior. Love it, have no regrets and always getting compliments especially the interior. Yes silver is very bland, but this car gets way too much attention already so the stealth of silver helps considerably in that regard. The only other color I even considered was Mars red but since my bimmer is red, I passed. In my opinion, black and any dark color does not suit the R171 SLK as well as the lighter colors. It looks great in any color but somehow the darker colors emphasize how small the car really is, not to mention hides the car's beatuful curves and fine lines. The SLK looks more muscular when light colors reveal the lines and bulging fenders whereas most of that is hidden with dark colors unless it is under very bright lighting.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
My philosophy is that I buy the car to be something I like...who cares about resale value...and given that I drive it to enjoy it...so far 7,500 miles...and I am enjoying it...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

BTW - I have Iridium with Gray interior..Euro delivery so I could enjoy it in many countries...[;)]

·
Registered
SLK55
9 Posts
Had numerous discussion about colors. I thought of black and iridium silver. Iridium was my first choice coz it looked good in MB website, then came black (which apparently look great in pic) from forum pictures. I was considering moving to black, but when i saw diamond silver in real life, i was beautiful. Spoke to numerous frens,they said.. diamond silver was the best (first its not common) and some recommended black (changed their mind after seeing diamond silver) - it show the lines rather than hides them.

P.s. And i am still not used being stared at, though its only the car the see.

That is my recommendation.[:p]

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
Completely agree with Masmole on this one. I have Iridium silver with black interior. I really like the silver exterior. I know it's common, but I think it looks better in person than in pictures on this forum. I have seen black and have to agree that it seems to hide the car's lines a bit and make it look smaller(no offense to those with black). But, hey, if you love black, go for it. In the end, you have to love it and anyway,I think the car is striking in any color.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the contrast of the bonnet grills and other chrome against the black. Are the grills'silver colour similar to the iridium colour, or is there some contrast?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts