Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05SLK350
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my side windowes have an interment quirk. Some times in the morning on first start, I raise the driver side window, which I leave down in the garage, with the push button past the detent and the window goes up and immediately goes back down approximiately 3 inches. In some cases when I push the buttom to raise it back up , it will stay up and some times it comes back down about 3 inches. This happens some times on both windows, but not at the same time.Thus far one trip to the dealer has not corrected the problem. Has any one else had this happen? redSLK1

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
happened to me a few times but i just press up again. usually only happens when going up and will come back down a few inches. dont understand it myself.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
I have the same problem. Somebody had responded to my post saying that it was a switch problem and it had been replayed by MB.

I am going to have mine fixed when it goes in for its first service.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
CP1 - 2/28/2005 6:37 AM

You might have to sync the windows computer (don't laugh). It's in the manual.
I don't suppose you happen to know which page this "gem" is on?

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
I have had the same problem as well so it seems quite a few cars have this problem

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
I have this same problem, since its not anything major was also going to ask them to sort it come service time.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
I have also this problem...

·
Registered
SLK 200K
176 Posts
dbslk - 3/1/2005 7:41 PM

CP1 - 2/28/2005 6:37 AM

You might have to sync the windows computer (don't laugh). It's in the manual.
I don't suppose you happen to know which page this "gem" is on?
P165-p166

Its happen when pressure is for some reason to hard for it to close fully (if it thinks something is in the way it will roll back down a little), IMO i think SOMETIMES when rolling the windows up and it not fully slot in between the rubber proberly it may think something in the way. When it happens once then i try to close, it will still roll back down regardless (the manual say something about 5 sec, not sure if you have to wait 5 sec or do it within 5 sec?). On p166 tell you how to reset it "close door, close windows fully and continue to hold the switch for 1 sec". Anway it only happen to me once since i bought the car, if it happen to you all the time might worth while checking the rubber seal.

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
Took it to the dealer today and they said it had to be "synchronized." Probably something they had to reset so I hope it doesn't do it anymore.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
greendestiny - 3/4/2005 2:14 AM

Took it to the dealer today and they said it had to be "synchronized." Probably something they had to reset so I hope it doesn't do it anymore.
You can do this yourself. I had to do it on my S-2000 a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly you do the following.

Press and continue holding the down button for 5 seconds after window reaches bottom.

Press and continue holding the up button for 5 seconds after window reaches top.

This should reset and synchronized the operation. (at least it's an easy try).

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
136 Posts
Same thing happened to me and not only witht the SLK 350 it also happened with my C230K. I also think it has to be related to something being sensed by the windows going up and triggering the safety "stop" feature. Who knows...[:eek:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts