Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Our first post here so firstly hello to all and thanks for taking the time to read our issue. I'm a BMW technician by trade (don't hate me :) ) but we also like a lot of Mercedes stuff also.

We have a 54 plate (Jan 2005 car) SLK350 with a gearbox issue and would love your expert help and advice on the matter.

Seems to flair between gears, mainly 3rd to 4th I think and then goes to limp mode.

Scanned the car and the two codes I get are:

So I read a lot about conductor plates, valve bodies (common in BMW / MINI) and oil servicing but wonder if anyone has any advice on where to start with these errors in the Merc Gearbox as usually they are bullet proof for us.

Thanks in advance again.
Anthony.

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
Almost routine on early 722.9 trannies. You haven't stated your location, but in UK my repair cost about £300, which I combined with a required service, so nothing alarming. After the repair, the transmission felt like new, faster, less slip etc. Great result!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Smackrattle
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing