Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone really care about performance mods on the SLK350? It seems like everyone on the forum is only concerned about appearance/problem issues. I'm sick of seeing stock SLK pix (oooohh another one). My questions about performance always go unanswered. Is anyone knowledgable enough about performance issues on the R171 to give me pointers on upgrades on ECU/Engine/Kompressor/Suspension? Please just don't direct me to r171.co.uk or Brabus or Kleeman or Vaeth. Don't people have more of these mods and actual experience/comments about them?

I'm looking at forced induction options for our SLK350 engine, anyone know if Kleeman or someone else is coming out with anything worth looking at?

Could someone please answer this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1208081&posts=1&fid=27

and this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1207803&posts=1&fid=27

Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SLK55's are nice and fast stock, but the transmission I'm sure leaves much to be desired. Being a manual purist myself and looking at the SLK55's availability/pricing (they're selling at $10k-$20k over sticker here in LA with a long wait), I'm looking at $80-90k for a loaded SLK55 whereas I could spring much less for a SLK350 and mod it up to spank a stock SLK55 once the Kleeman kompressor comes out. I'm sure many would agree with me here.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got my SLK350 for under MSRP of course. I'm talking about the SLK55. You can find certain colors here for sticker, but most of the rare combos they're selling for way over sticker.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
One reason for a lack of information is that the car is still quite new and few if any of us have done much in the way of modifications.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Also once you mod the motor you are your own warranty station and are on your own. To new to play that game at this point. Besides this is not a track car in my opinion though several on this form want it to be. Leave that to stripped out racer crowd. I just want a reliable car for the wife that I enjoy once in a while. If you want to race get out your check book and be prepared to get spanked. To mod this car to the max is stupid in my opinion. 4 years from now may be different when you can get a used one at a fair price. If you want a mod racer buy a used vette and have at it. If I want to race I can always fire up the supercharged Z06. Funny thing is it has been sitting a lot lately since the SLK arrived. Quick, comfortable and the top down is much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
in several days I will describe modifications as well as large problems in Vath Company.. [:(]

My car still is in Mercedes-Benz Service... thanks to firm Vath [:(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts