Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the single CD MB unit (2001) with the Bose upgrade. The power's OK and the quality acceptable, but the main problem is the lack of rear speakers. There seem to be only 4 speakers (of which 2 are in the door) so the sound is pretty two dimensional. The fader just lowers the volume as far as I can see. Is there any way of adding rear speakers - or am I just setting it up wrong.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like you say, the fader should fade between back and front. I think the trouble on the SLK is that there are only 4 speakers, which are all effectively deemed to be at the front by the head unit. So the fader just turns the volume down to zero at one end of its adjustment. I've left it at 0 (in the middle). It's as if the head unit has outputs for rear speakers which just aren't there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bose amp acceptes four channels: front left, front right, rear left and rear right. Subwoofer channel is extrated from these four channel, so the amp output are 5 channels. You can try to switch the connection of different channels between CD and the amp to test the head unit. The amp are difficult to test. It is unlikely that you only have 4 speakers. 2 subwoofers with BOSE logo should be there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts