Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the RENNtech springs installed. I was apparently sent the wrong rear spring pads, I am running 1's up front and 2's in rear (the 2's were already on the car). I was told they will settle a little more. Overall it resulted in ~1/2 drop. Much more noticeable in front. Probably a good compromise for most people. Me, I would like a 20%-30% increase in spring rates. Without further ado here are the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post some pics showing the whole side. I have them, just need to dig them out.

The ride is not too much stiffer than the stock SLK32. Not sure how much better the handling is, have not had a chance to test it out yet. I think most people will be very happy with the ride the springs offer.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am very happy with the drop in front. The rear is still a bit high. The shop that installed them told me that if I was not happy with the drop in back to let them know and they would work something out. They simply asked me to give it a couple of weeks to see how it setlles out.

SteveL the RENNtech wheels look good.

·
Registered
SLK 230 kompressor
175 Posts
Hi everyone,

Here's a picture of my SLK with H&R lowering springs. The car droped down 40 mm.
How much lowers the Reentech springs ?

The SLK has 19" wheels. [:D]

Best regards
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RENNtech springs are very pricey for just a set of springs. The list on them is $525.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts